Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer - I am very green to tinkering on my firearms but this seems odd and I have no local armorer.

Installing a flat faced aluminum drop in on my g45 when I encounter the difficult locking block pin. I understand the mechanism of the slide stop and have had success with taking it in and out with the OEM trigger. But when I put the AA in, fully lined up without obstruction, the pin seizes on the shoe itself. Taking it out and trying to pass the pin through the shoe as a test pass is nearly impossible. Is this tolerance normal? Any harder application of force seems wrong but maybe this is just binding due to new parts and break in?

TLDR - Pin wont go through shoe, not getting caught on any ridges. Should I try to force this pass when out of the gun to break the tolerance?

·
Super Moderator
63,415 Posts
Do not force the pin. It is most likely caught on a ridge, even though you don’t see it. Wiggle the slide stop as if it were a G3 and feed the Glock tool from the other side.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do not force the pin. It is most likely caught on a ridge, even though you don’t see it. Wiggle the slide stop as if it were a G3 and feed the Glock tool from the other side.
Thank you for the welcome. I will continue to fiddle and feel it out, still not seeing the hangup spot but I'm sure my novice ways are a factor.

·
Legitimate Combatant
5,059 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

You mentioned "test pass", can you post a pic of this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the Forum!

You mentioned "test pass", can you post a pic of this?
Tool Nickel Blade Metal Metalworking hand tool

Isolated the problem to the shoe, this is the point where it seizes beyond hand strength. I have put the pin in a padded vise and using some pressure and oil I can rotate the shoe on and off beyond this. I am hoping that will wear some of the anodization within the hole and slowly allow passage without so much elbow grease. I have contacted the company as well, will follow up with anything further from them.

·
Legitimate Combatant
5,059 Posts
View attachment 256277

Isolated the problem to the shoe, this is the point where it seizes beyond hand strength. I have put the pin in a padded vise and using some pressure and oil I can rotate the shoe on and off beyond this. I am hoping that will wear some of the anodization within the hole and slowly allow passage without so much elbow grease. I have contacted the company as well, will follow up with anything further from them.
That pin should pass through the trigger shoe without difficulty.

The frame is drilled with a 4mm hole and the pin fits tight. I've never measured the pin with calipers.

If it were me I would visit my drill index and open up the trigger shoe hole a bit.
You could check the hole with a #21 drill which is .159"

Is there a coating or anodized finish on the shoe?

Don't just beat it through the hole.

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
View attachment 256277

I’ve had apex triggers I’ve had to put in that same way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts