Gen4's being discontinued?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by seanschofield, Jan 31, 2012.

1. seanschofield

seanschofield New Member

So I am purchasing a Glock 19 today and the dealer tells me they are discontinuing the Gen4's. Has anyone else heard this? Are they really as bad as I have heard?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum seanschofield !!

First time I heard that...

3. seanschofield

seanschofield New Member

Yeah thought it was strange but had to ask. Told them I wanted a 19 and they started writing me up for a gen3 and so I asked if they carried the gen4 and they said Glock was actually talking of discontinuing them. Who knows. I will be perfectly happy with my gen3 either way!

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

You will...I myself carry a Gen3 G30SF everyday !

BTW...sounds like that dealer was just tellin' you that to make the sale on the Gen3...else the "cloud" would be filled with that rumor !

5. A lot of dealers say idiotic things. Some want to make a sale, some propagate rumor from other idiots, and some are just idiots. The latter of the three seems to be the most trendy.

6. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

It's the same thing with car dealers who want you to buy the year-previous models that are left over. They want to get rid of them before they devalue and they lose their money.

7. seanschofield

seanschofield New Member

Yeah guess that all makes sense

8. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I bought a Gen 3 just this month. I love it. I just didn't want to wait for them to order a Gen 4. I guess I'm impatient.

9. seanschofield

seanschofield New Member

Yeah I had to order my Gen3 but said it would only take a couple days. Probably will be here tomorrow I am guessing. To be honest, I shot the Gen4 once and didn't notice too much of a difference besides the annoying texture on the grip. Recoil felt about the same to me. I have seen some gripes about the ejector and seen some highspeed video of the casing being tossed around inside the gun before being ejected out occasionally causing it to get stuck. I figured I would rather pay less money on an older model that I have shot before and know has a good track record.

10. mikecu

mikecu New Member

Sounds like a pathetic sales pitch to move their old stock.

11. s2gots

s2gots New Member

Ca
    Yep, pathetic. Sales pitch... One of the main reasons why I ask my questions on forums and not at the shops....

12. rubikees

rubikees New Member

I have a Gen 4 and it has done well at the fun matches. I get a really tight group at 25 yards out. The trigger is a lot stiffer but that can be taken care of.

13. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Another thing is some dealers are currently selling both Gen 3 and Gen 4 for the same price, even though the Gen 4 cost more. This means the dealer makes a higher profit if he sells you a Gen 3.

14. One of my local shops only stocks Gen4's now but will order you a Gen3 if desired.

15. poley4

poley4 New Member

I saw some video of the Shot Show 2012 and they were sure promoting the Gen4s at the Glock booth.

16. >>Gen4s at the Glock booth

Well.....naturally. Do we expect them to promote a sig? :p

17. seanschofield

seanschofield New Member

Hmm yeah sales pitch or he's off his rocker. Oh well, still gonna love my Gen3 no matter what!

18. MikeDeltaRomeo

MikeDeltaRomeo New Member

Always do research before you make any big or important purchases; this applies to everything especially firearms.

19. lauritzencl

lauritzencl New Member

The important thing is that you just bought a Glock!

20. seanschofield

seanschofield New Member

Yes! I feel totally confident in my decision. I have shot a lot of handguns and only ever felt truly comfortable with a Glock in my hand. So Glock it had to be! I do have to say though I did not like the new texture on the Gen4's.