Gen4 Grip Texture

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by jsimion423, Apr 6, 2012.

1. jsimion423

jsimion423 New Member

What do you guys honestly think of the grip texture on the Gen4? I like it but if I wear it concealed under my shirt it seems to rub a little more than I like lol just looking to see what others think. Pros and Cons

Attached Files:

2. bfish

bfish Member

I personally don't notice or feel any discomfort from it rubbing too much. I like it:)

3. jsimion423

jsimion423 New Member

Thanks. I looked but couldn't find a thread lol

4. bfish

bfish Member

Yeah just looked at that like yesterday

5. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

You think it's bad now? You should try concealing a Glock with the RTF grip. I love the Gen4 texture.

6. Doesn't bother me one bit

7. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

I loved the grip on my Gen 3 G27 RTF2, but it was awful rough on bare skin when concealing it.

8. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

I have RTF2 models and if you use a nice holster that protects your skin it should be fine.

9. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

You have a 27 RTF2?

10. G17_Ian

G17_Ian New Member

I decided to go with the Gen 3 17 specifically because of the grip on the Gen 4. The Gen 4 seemed to irritate my hand, whereas I didn't even notice the texture on the Gen 3

11. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

No, I'm sorry, I misspoke. I had a 23 RTF2, got rid of it about the same time I got rid of Gen 3 27. The 27 was not an RTF.

12. DXPorker

DXPorker New Member

I love the Gen 4 grip. No problems here and I'm a larger guy.

13. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

I have a Gen 4 G27 and I love the grip. Not too sticky and no too course. It's the goldilocks of grips.

14. triggerhappy

triggerhappy New Member

Same here. I bought a Gen4 G17 originally and after firing a few hundred rounds of both the Gen4 and Gen3 side by side, I decided to have my Gen4 exchanged for a Gen3. The grip on the Gen4 was just too rough on my hands.

15. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

I know people have made these Downfall movie spoofs using every conceivable subject, but this sh*t is hilarious!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQYep23-onw[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  16. odgreen

odgreen Senior Member

17. parkeral

parkeral New Member

I put a little stippling in the areas where glock already had the bumps and my glock rubs against my side all day in my concealed holster with no issues whatsoever. The stock gen4 grip with wet hands is a joke. I had to do something to it

18. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

19. I also personally did not like the feel of the gen 4. My local shop actually had the 3 and 4 at the same price and I choose 3... I didnt want or need the backstraps but the extra mag would have been nice I guess. I just fixed that with a $20 bill to Botech and got the grips Ive grown to love.