Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys honestly think of the grip texture on the Gen4? I like it but if I wear it concealed under my shirt it seems to rub a little more than I like lol just looking to see what others think. Pros and Cons

Attachments

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
You think it's bad now? You should try concealing a Glock with the RTF grip. I love the Gen4 texture.

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
You think it's bad now? You should try concealing a Glock with the RTF grip. I love the Gen4 texture.
I loved the grip on my Gen 3 G27 RTF2, but it was awful rough on bare skin when concealing it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have RTF2 models and if you use a nice holster that protects your skin it should be fine.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I decided to go with the Gen 3 17 specifically because of the grip on the Gen 4. The Gen 4 seemed to irritate my hand, whereas I didn't even notice the texture on the Gen 3

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
You have a 27 RTF2?
No, I'm sorry, I misspoke. I had a 23 RTF2, got rid of it about the same time I got rid of Gen 3 27. The 27 was not an RTF.

·
Registered
81 Posts
jsimion423 said:
What do you guys honestly think of the grip texture on the Gen4? I like it but if I wear it concealed under my shirt it seems to rub a little more than I like lol just looking to see what others think. Pros and Cons
I love the Gen 4 grip. No problems here and I'm a larger guy.

·
152 Posts
I have a Gen 4 G27 and I love the grip. Not too sticky and no too course. It's the goldilocks of grips.

·
Registered
112 Posts
G17_Ian said:
I decided to go with the Gen 3 17 specifically because of the grip on the Gen 4. The Gen 4 seemed to irritate my hand, whereas I didn't even notice the texture on the Gen 3
Same here. I bought a Gen4 G17 originally and after firing a few hundred rounds of both the Gen4 and Gen3 side by side, I decided to have my Gen4 exchanged for a Gen3. The grip on the Gen4 was just too rough on my hands.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I know people have made these Downfall movie spoofs using every conceivable subject, but this sh*t is hilarious!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQYep23-onw[/ame]

·
Registered
50 Posts
I put a little stippling in the areas where glock already had the bumps and my glock rubs against my side all day in my concealed holster with no issues whatsoever. The stock gen4 grip with wet hands is a joke. I had to do something to it

·
Banned
636 Posts
I also personally did not like the feel of the gen 4. My local shop actually had the 3 and 4 at the same price and I choose 3... I didnt want or need the backstraps but the extra mag would have been nice I guess. I just fixed that with a $20 bill to Botech and got the grips Ive grown to love.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts