gen3 vs gen4 guiderod spring assembly!!

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Rene, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Rene

Rene New Member

Ok glock fans should i get the gen3 or gen4 g22. Please help!

2. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Go gen 3. Let the gen 4 get all its problems out the way if any. It's kinda like the new cell phone everyone wants. They get it when it first comes out then upset when somethin goes wrong cause its new. I would let Glock perfect it first from customer feedback. (this is only what I would do) to each their own.

3. cjs83

cjs83 New Member

no problems whatso ever with my G22 Gen4

4. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Go with Gen 4, if anything doesn't work properly, I guarantee you Glock will fix it as they have already done with the extractors.

5. Rene

Rene New Member

Thanks for the feedback guys my main concern was guide rod spring assembly gen3s are puny against the gen4s. And since i will be gettin my g22 next week i wanted to see if shellin out the extra 50 or so for the gen4 was worth it!

6. Go with the Gen 3 and get the Tungsten Guide rod/ Recoil Spring assembly, it will hold up just fine, I promise man, plus youll have wayyy less kick in it than the gen 4 with the standard assembly

7. Rene

Rene New Member

Thanks bryan! You helped me with my decision. I will get the gen3!! You wouldnt happen to know the price on the guide rod you talkin bout would ya bryan!?

8. wayycull

wayycull New Member

I have 2 gen4's (26&27). I had a gen3 26. I have smaller hands...prefer gen4. Like the more aggressive grip. I would recommend going to a range u can try both... See what feels better. That way u won't have buyers remorse...that being said u can't go wrong w either.