Gen3 or gen4 19?

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by brettc, Jun 13, 2012.

1. brettc

brettc New Member

Going to pick one of them up tomorrow, already have my 26 G3. But I don't want to get the gen4 and regret it. Price isn't the issue so just any input or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks guys

2. Love my Gen 3 19..wouldnt change/give it up!..if that helps??

3. cvitter

cvitter New Member

I don't think that you could really go wrong. I have the Gen 4 and love it but I appreciate the Gen 3s too. The new gip on the Gen 4s fits me better than Gen 3 grips though. If you can try out both you should and make your decision based on the feel in your hand probably.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Not too much of a difference between the two Gens...

The Gen 4 has...

* dual recoil spring
    * interchangeable back straps
    * RTF3 texture (rough texture frame)
    * magazine release that can be switched to use left or right handed

5. NoMoss

NoMoss New Member

I picked up the Gen4 G22 primarily because it use the only pistol which fit my huge hands easily. But having the dual recoil spring lets my wife shot it and she has thin weak wrists.

6. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

If the Gen 4 feels better to you then get it. Don't get a Gen 3 because you think it's more reliable.

7. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

Both are good. I selected the gen 3 only because of the grip. I personally liked the grip and the texture of the grip on the 3 compared to the gen 4.

8. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I prefer the Gen4 Glocks and have a Gen4 19, Gen4 26, and Gen4 17 at the house.

9. brettc

brettc New Member

Thanks for all the feedback, I think reliability was my main concern with the gen4 but I'm leaning towards it because i did love the feel of the grip. I appreciate all the quick feed back. I'll post pics later when I get her!

10. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Love to see them! Really, mine are both gen4 and you will not be dissapointed!

11. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

I have 2 gen 4 g19s and I love them. However, I'm probably the only person on the planet that doesn't like the RTF. Because of that I have to wear an undershirt when I carry in my crossbreed holster. But it's a Glock so no matter what reliability is not an issue!

12. ZombieNinja

ZombieNinja New Member

Agreed. If you're CCing then the gen4 against the skin can be irritating. Although a Pachmayr grip could fix that if you are a fan of them (I like them) so, you can fix it.

13. 45sAndHighFives

45sAndHighFives New Member

And the crowd chants Gen 3 Gen 3 haha that's just what I have and love it

14. riceroni87

riceroni87 New Member

If i had a choice it would be gen 4. I had a gen 3 RTF and that was even worse to cc

15. ZombieNinja

ZombieNinja New Member

I carry my Gen3 19. Don't have complaints. What made it so bad? Love my Gen3

16. +1..love my gen3 19

17. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

I don't think there is anything"bad" about the gen 3! I love it but there is a noticeable difference in recoil between the 3 and 4. I would rather shoot the 4 but cc the gen 3... I HATE the RTF

18. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

I will say that the difference is only noticeable if you shoot hundreds of rounds through one an switch to the other OR you shoot one then immediately switch to the other... If you haven't or don't you probably won't notice the difference.

19. avibar1977

avibar1977 New Member

Gen3 all the way. If it isn't broke, why fix it. Several people i know have complained that the gen 4 jams on them. I have a 17 gen3 that i bought in '07. and up until now, i haven't had a single jam in it yet. I've shot ball ammo, hollow points and rat shot through it, rapid fire.

20. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

I have heard several people complain about the gen4 jamming on them as well but I have over 3000 rounds through my 19 and never had a ftf. Ok once with a bad reload but other than that it eats any junk ammo I decide to try. My wife on the other hand jams about every other shot because she doesn't get the concept of locking her wrist...