Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9229739E-F095-41BF-A000-57BE625ECBC3.jpeg
Hi everyone. I’m a new Glock owner and picked up a gen 5 17 a couple of weeks ago. I have about 300 rounds through it and noticed some wear on the inside of the slide. From what I’ve researched this is where the connector interfaces with the slide when the trigger resets. Can anyone tell me if they have this wear mark in their Glock and if so, is this normal?

·
Super Moderator
61,525 Posts
Good morning John, welcome to the Glock Forum. We have a resident expert here. His name is Bob and hopefully he will see this and help you out. Whatever he tells you, just take it to the bank.

@rbbeers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone think this is cause for concern? I know the finish on this generation shows more wear than previous generations.

·
Banned
252 Posts
I just looked at all four of my Glock Gen 5 pistols: 26, 45, 17 and 34...each of them has the same wear mark line and that is all that it is, a wear mark. Absolutely **nothing** to be concerned about, it's not from the connector, by the way, but the transfer bar (Bob can correct me here, if I'm wrong).

Keep shooting brother, not to worry. I had to hold them up under my workbench lamp to see it, frankly, but ... yup ... there it was. It is not a gouge, just wear.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just looked at all four of my Glock Gen 5 pistols: 26, 45, 17 and 34...each of them has the same wear mark line and that is all that it is, a wear mark. Absolutely **nothing** to be concerned about, it's not from the connector, by the way, but the transfer bar (Bob can correct me here, if I'm wrong).

Keep shooting brother, not to worry. I had to hold them up under my workbench lamp to see it, frankly, but ... yup ... there it was. It is not a gouge, just wear.
Awesome thanks so much!

·
Registered
51 Posts
View attachment 179999 Hi everyone. I’m a new Glock owner and picked up a gen 5 17 a couple of weeks ago. I have about 300 rounds through it and noticed some wear on the inside of the slide. From what I’ve researched this is where the connector interfaces with the slide when the trigger resets. Can anyone tell me if they have this wear mark in their Glock and if so, is this normal?
I just looked at my 4 Glocks, and none of them have that scratch? Wear? Take it to your local gunsmith for a peek.

·
Banned
252 Posts
Again...perfectly normal...nothing to be concerned about. The photo is exaggerating it due to lighting etc. All my Gen 5 Glocks have the same line. No biggie.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts