Gen 4

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by insideofchicago, Mar 9, 2012.

1. insideofchicago

insideofchicago New Member

I wanna get the Glock 17 Gen 4 but I hear bad reviews about them having miss feeds and failure to eject a spent round. Any have one that can tell me more about them.

2. Just picked up yet another Gen4 today this time I got a 17.....
    https://www.glockforum.com/forum/f16/new-addition-gen4-17-a-2381/

There were some minor issues EARLY on in the Gen4 line but mainly with the 19's. Pretty much any issues have been worked out for the last year. I've have over 7000 through one Gen 4 19 with no issues.
    I will be putting 1000 through the 17 tomorrow and will let you know just how good it runs when I get done! I have ZERO concerns with it.

3. I own a G17, and have not had any issues. I think you might be reffering to the first Gen 4's that Glock released. From what little I do know, those had a faulty ejector and the new springs did not work correctly. But I believe all those issues have been worked out and you should have no problems.

4. GrkGod54.....is yours a Gen4? What was the test fire date and what number is on your ejector?

5. Yes, it is a gen 4. Can't recall the exact fire date as I am at work right now. The ejector number I believe is 30275.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum insideofchicago !!

7. thanks2macdonald

thanks2macdonald New Member

Looking at getting same gun and live in Chicago as well. BTW where did you buy?

8. insideofchicago

Haven't gone yet. I recently moved out of Chicago. And my FOID expired last month and didn't realized it. I sent my FOID app as soon as I found out. I called them to check the app status a couple of days ago and they said that I was approved and should receive my FOID in 5-7 business days. But I already have the money and as soon as I receive the card I'm heading to my local dealer. Then just gotta wait the 2-3 waiting period day.

9. insideofchicago

I actually took that Chicago firearms permit class before I had to move. But thank god I found out before I handed the City of Chicago the permit fee since where I live don't have anything like that.

10. insideofchicago

Most likely gonna go to a place by Grand and Harlem called Illinois Gun Works but there are other shops that I pass on my way to and from both my jobs

11. thanks2macdonald

I know place. Bought a Ruger from them. U can get the G4 slightly cheaper overall from Bud's online. U have to get a FFL and I know one that only charges $25. Minus cost of gas to drive to suburb to pick up u will still come out cheaper. IGW has a decent range and it's right on edge of chicago. I get the sense Chicago gives them grief however. They have different rules than other gun shops for Chicago buyers.

12. insideofchicago

Well I got my Glock 17 Gen 4. I also bought the high capacity 33rd mag, but I might return it. Still have fired it. I'm gonna try and go this weekend.

ForumRunner_20120317_083458.jpg

ForumRunner_20120317_083435.jpg

ForumRunner_20120317_083416.jpg

13. insideofchicago

I also have a Glock light for it. It's the GL-10. I just gotta figure out where its at, since I recently moved.

14. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

Is that suburb happen to be oak lawn??

15. thanks2macdonald

Yes. About to use him. Any experience with him?

16. sparx

sparx New Member

My gen 4 26 was flawless in function, feels better than the gen3 too

17. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I love my g22 Gen 4.
    I have put 400 rounds through it and it performed flawlessly.