Glock Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
I dont. I wait until failures happen.

Still waiting.....
LOL, I sort of agree. I have 4000+ rounds in my Gen 4 G19 and I can't tell any difference now in how it shoots vs when it was new. I'd be willing to bet that the actual life span of an RSA is much longer than the recommended replacement cycle. I will however be replacing the RSA sooner than later though because my G19 is an EDC and I think that your EDC should be kept in the best possible state of readiness. Right now I am thinking at 5000 rounds.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
I thought the DRSAs lasted like 7k rounds. Maybe I heard wrong though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's kinda like the body armor warranty only lasting five years but them lasting twenty during the government testing. I have a coworker that has a Sig P226 in 9x19 set up for competition that has had almost 27,000 rounds through it on all original parts.

But if the gun is defense/duty/carry swap it out on time I'd say.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
LOL, I sort of agree. I have 4000+ rounds in my Gen 4 G19 and I can't tell any difference now in how it shoots vs when it was new. I'd be willing to bet that the actual life span of an RSA is much longer than the recommended replacement cycle. I will however be replacing the RSA sooner than later though because my G19 is an EDC and I think that your EDC should be kept in the best possible state of readiness. Right now I am thinking at 5000 rounds.
Yea but you know how to test it. The rule of thumb is for the every day Joe and like you said, those EDC guns that you want to run like new, in case of dire need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.