Gen 4 Recalls

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Thor51, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Thor51

Thor51 New Member

Newbie here, so apoligies if this topic has been covered ad nauseum. I have a Gen 4 Glock 23 .40 cal that I have learned has been recalled for ejector and for spring. Is this true? What has been the problems with the Gen 4? Thanks all!

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Thor! Yes it has been discussed but we have great members that will be along soon and discuss it again!! Enjoy the firum!

3. Thor51

Thor51 New Member

Thanks, Dutchs!

4. Thor51

Thor51 New Member

Thanks,buzz. Do you what the problems are?

5. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Are you having issues with your G23?

6. Thor51

Thor51 New Member

Having no issues other than the spring resistance from the initial chambering slide pull seems very strong/stiff compared to my older Browning BDA 9mm. Is this typical for a new Glock 23 Gen 4?

7. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

I can't say on the comparison to the Browning, never owned one.

Depending on where & when you purchased it, the dealer may have already corrected the recall issues. If it was a LGS where you bought it, I'd give them a call & explain your concerns.

8. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Your Recoil Spring Assy(RSA) should be stamped with a "03" on the end.

Method of racking the slide, try this(WITH AN EMPTY GUN):

Holding the frame/receiver in the strong hand with the proper shooting grip; Now lower the gun and cross over with the weak hand and geab the slide in the palm of the weak hand. The fingers of the weak should should be on one side of the frame and the thumb on the opposite side. (Imagine trying to grip the top of the slide while your weak arm is in a sling)

Grabbing the slide with the weak hand and holding it in place: PUSH the frame/receiver away from the weak hand, effectively racking the slide. Don't pull on the slide. As the frame reaches it's full forward position it will pull the slide from your weak hand and slingshot back into battery, now the weapon would be loaded.

Is that any better?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  9. If you are not having issues or failures......why worry about it?