Gen 4 in CA

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by MR4, Feb 19, 2012.

1. MR4

MR4 New Member

I'm about to purchase my first Glock (22 or 17/19) and was wondering if the experts on this forum would say its worth the extra effort and money to get a Glock Gen4 w/ single shot exemption? This would be for the home and range) I live in San Francisco, and the only dealer I've come across that does the conversion is Valkyrie Arms, but after calling yesterday they only have SSE G31/37 in stock. I noticed Table Rock Arms in Oregon also offers Glock gen 4 SSE, but haven't called yet to get availability. Anyways, i just wanted to get some advice and find out if buying a gen 3 is a mistake if the gen 4 is avail thru SSE or will hopefully get on the roster soon.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum MR4 !!

3. MR4

MR4 New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome Shooter13. After more research and patience, I finally went through Table Rock Arms to purchase a G19 Gen 4 SSE. Then I had it sent to Rob at RMB Enterprises in Milpitas, CA for the transfer. Overall, it was a very simple process and I'm happy with my new Glock.

4. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forum from the Bay Area as well!! Do you. Ind me asking what the cost was for the FFl and were you happy as I would like to buy things online and have them sent to a FFL in the area

5. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Rifle Gear in Fountain Valley has Gen 4 single shot exemptions, but you're lucky if it's in stock, but I can't justify the $800+ they're asking for. How much was your Gen 4?

6. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I'am very happy with my Gen 3

7. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Same here! 500 rounds already thru my new 19.

8. MR4

MR4 New Member

Rob charges $40 + $25 DROS + sales tax on gun (yes, even if purchased out of state). I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. The only downside are his hours, since I live in SF. I was given weekdays 9am-3pm and sat early morning if necessary. You can email him at [email protected] if you want more info.

Another option that seems to get good reviews is Valkyrie Arms, but I think they charge a little more. I hope that helps

9. MR4

MR4 New Member

Table Rock Arms charges $590 shipped for Glock Gen 4 SSE

10. AverageCitizen

AverageCitizen New Member

I just read the SSE info and that is absolutely crazy 6" barrel and a bolted in block in the mag well

11. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Alright I can't seem to find a definition online, what the heck is Single Shot Exemption?

12. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

In a nut shell: The 'single shot exemption' or 'SSE' is an exception to California's Roster of Handguns. Guns in the SSE configuration may be sold in California, regardless of whether they are on the Roster. They must actually be safely functional, and must be capable of firing only one shot before reloading.

13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum MR4 !!

14. AverageCitizen

AverageCitizen New Member

From what I understand the install a min of a 6" barrel a bolted in block in the mag well to prevent semi auto fire and the gun has to be like 10-1/2" total length. U purchase it this way once u take ownership u can convert it back to factory spec by removing the block and barrel

15. mikecu

mikecu New Member

16. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Cool, thanks guys. Makes me love living in Colorado even more lol.

17. Gun_Aficionado

Gun_Aficionado King of my Castle until my wife comes home Lifetime Supporting Member

I am so happy I live in AZ!!!!! Oh and welcome to the forum! I will be in the bay in June, 5 min from SFO...