Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a practically new gen 4 glock22 second hand. What I didn’t notice were these marks towards the front of the barrel. I have 3 other gen 3 glocks that do not have this issue. Can someone inform school me on this please?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,883 Posts
Personally I don’t think it’ll be an issue but you might drop Glock an email and see their response.
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally I don’t think it’ll be an issue but you might drop Glock an email and see their response.
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the reply, I did however email Glock. They are very short with their answers and requested I send them the firearm in. I live in CA and it took me forever to find a gen4 legally. Am I allowed to just send the firearm back n forth without an ffl?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,883 Posts
Thanks for the reply, I did however email Glock. They are very short with their answers and requested I send them the firearm in. I live in CA and it took me forever to find a gen4 legally. Am I allowed to just send the firearm back n forth without an ffl?
Yes. You can send to them and they can send back to you the owner. I just sent in and got back my Sig P320 from Sig for their “voluntary recall”.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just curious, if the frame needs to be replaced how do they go about the serial numbers?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I purchased a gen 4 Glock on consignment. In Ca gen4 guns are off roster. The only way to legally obtain one is through trade in consignment. However, the dip**** gun shop I got it from completely missed that my front rails have pulled themselves out of the frame. If I send it to Glock and they need to replace the frame with a new gen 4, it will require to be shipped back to a FFL and I’ll have to do DROS AGAIN! My question is… is this possible? If it’s a new frame and serial number that’s essential a new off roster gun. What should I do besides lose my cool and punch a hole in my wall?

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,883 Posts
I purchased a gen 4 Glock on consignment. In Ca gen4 guns are off roster. The only way to legally obtain one is through trade in consignment. However, the dip**** gun shop I got it from completely missed that my front rails have pulled themselves out of the frame. If I send it to Glock and they need to replace the frame with a new gen 4, it will require to be shipped back to a FFL and I’ll have to do DROS AGAIN! My question is… is this possible? If it’s a new frame and serial number that’s essential a new off roster gun. What should I do besides lose my cool and punch a hole in my wall?
I’m sure you aren’t the first person in California with such an issue. I’m sure Glock will have you taken care of if the frame needs replacing.
Where I’m at it would just be a simple frame replacement. It may be that simple for you as well.

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
I’m sure you aren’t the first person in California with such an issue. I’m sure Glock will have you taken care of if the frame needs replacing.
Where I’m at it would just be a simple frame replacement. It may be that simple for you as well.
New serial # could equal an off the roster pistol though. I’d have all my questions answered by GLOCK, before I sent it in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Called glock. If the frame needs to be replaced, which it does. I cannot obtain a new frame legally. So I’m SOL. Only option is to pay for a gen3 at a lower cost. Around $400. I am left handed that’s why the gen 4 mean more to me

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,883 Posts
Called glock. If the frame needs to be replaced, which it does. I cannot obtain a new frame legally. So I’m SOL. Only option is to pay for a gen3 at a lower cost. Around $400. I am left handed that’s why the gen 4 mean more to me
Looking at your pics it doesn’t look as dire as you say but I’m not holding it in my hands.
I believe it’s a U shaped piece and it doesn’t appear to have ripped through the polymer frame.
Do you have a front on shot like this;
Camera accessory Metal Titanium Composite material Auto part

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Keep in mind that a Gen 4 slide doesn’t work on a Gen 3 frame.

·
Legitimate Combatant
5,059 Posts
I would clean these two spots up with some 600 grit paper and color over with a Sharpie. Then fire a hundred or so rounds and see if any contact has taken place.
If all is good call it done.

Being a used firearm you never know what someone has jammed up previously. We've seen RSA's backwards and all kinds of locked up slides on the forum.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I would clean these two spots up with some 600 grit paper and color over with a Sharpie. Then fire a hundred or so rounds and see if any contact has taken place.
If all is good call it done.

Being a used firearm you never know what someone has jammed up previously. We've seen RSA's backwards and all kinds of locked up slides on the forum.
would a much "lighter" RSA do this, as it slides back faster, then it would with a regular spring rate factory RSA..???

that's what i was thinking, too much "slamming" goin' on there.

·
Premium Member
13,640 Posts
So I just did about 45 minutes of reading on this issue. First off, you are not alone. Most had the chips on Leo trade in Glock 22’s. I couldn’t find one instance where the advice wasn’t “just shoot it”. I would probably do what Olga17 recommended. Also the slide rail tabs are one piece like Danzig said. So it’s in there pretty solid. I’d also put a few hundred rounds through it. If no issues. Your most likely good to go.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I also am left-handed. With a little practice we lefties can use right-handed firearms reasonably well in my opinion. I slingshot the slide rather than using the slide stop to release the slide. I drop the mag with the middle finger of my right hand.
Good luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts