Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been playing around with trying to find the trigger feel I want with my Gen 4 G34 since I got it a couple of weeks ago. I have gone through a couple of different connectors, various combinations of springs, and a polished trigger and trigger bar donated by one of the awesome members of this forum.

As of today I think that I have it about 90% of what I want with the following combination:

- Glock OEM trigger and trigger bar
- Glock OEM trigger spring
- ZEV TECH V4 RACE CONNECTOR
- ZEV TECH REDUCED STRIKER SPRING
- ZEV FIRING PIN SAFETY SPRING

I tried a couple of different trigger springs including the ZEV Tech Trigger Spring, ZEV Tech Type R Trigger Spring, and Lone Wolf trigger spring but wasn't happy with the soft, almost mushy reset feel that resulted. Using the OEM spring seems to result in a crisper reset.

On the bright side I think I am close to being happy and honed my detail stripping skills quite a bit. Of course if I had known how much time and effort this was going to take I think I might have just bought something like the Challenger Trigger Kit.

I think it would be interesting to hear about other peoples' quests to get the right trigger feeling. Anyone have good stories to share or lessons learned?

·
8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)
3,451 Posts
I posted this last night but it seemed to have fallen into oblivion :)

http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f11/word-caution-about-ghost-trigger-kit-3522/#post49639

I did not like the Ghost trigger spring at all. Not only did it perform like you stated but could also be dangerous. I'm back to stock everything except the Ghost trigger connector and some polishing I did. I'm satisfied with the way it feels dry firing, now I need to hit the range.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did not like the Ghost trigger spring at all. Not only did it perform like you stated but could also be dangerous. I'm back to stock everything except the Ghost trigger connector and some polishing I did. I'm satisfied with the way it feels dry firing, now I need to hit the range.
Interesting post.

I tried the Ghost Ultimate Connector and was not happy with it. I did not feel an improvement over the OEM 5.5 connector I had in my G34 unlike the Zev Tech connector.

I have been to the range with various trigger springs in the gun without any issues. The only reason I reverted to the Glock OEM trigger spring is the feel on reset. The Lone Wolf and Zev Tech springs gave the reset a soft/mushy feeling.

·
Banned
372 Posts
How do you know what pound trigger you have from factory? I have a G35 and heard there could be 2 different kinds of trigger weights.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
You can buy a trigger scale for cheap, I got mine for $25. My 19 is measuring at like 4LB 12OZ

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How do you know what pound trigger you have from factory? I have a G35 and heard there could be 2 different kinds of trigger weights.
The trigger connector that came with my G34 is the standard 5.5 lbs connector. If you bought a commercially available G35 you should have gotten the 3.5 - connector.

The actual weight of the pull may not equal the weight of the connector though. You would need to get a scale to determine the actual pull weight. I don't know what mine is now but it is much lighter than the stock pull.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Polished ghost 3.5 connector with a 6lb wolf spring = perfection
I have a ghost ultimate 3.5 and I did not like it at all. It is hard to explain but it felt wrong. The pull was no lighter than the 5.5 and the reset was poor. I think there is something about it that doesn't click right with the Gen 4 trigger housing. The Zev Tech v4 was clearly better in my G34. That said yymv.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
did you polish it and change the spring? it is useless without the 6# wolf spring
I did not polish it. The connector is sold as being "drop in". I did try it with different spring though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update...

I tinkered with my G34 more today trying different combinations of parts and found that my current favorite is:

- Glock OEM trigger and trigger bar
- Glock OEM standard (5.5) connector
- ZEV TECH Trigger Spring
- ZEV TECH REDUCED STRIKER SPRING
- ZEV FIRING PIN SAFETY SPRING

The trigger pull is very smooth and it breaks and resets crisply. The difference from the stock setup is very noticeable and the mushiness of the reset with the ZEV or Ghost connectors is gone.

I cannot wait to get to the range to try it out tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
How do you know what pound trigger you have from factory?
Just as a side-note, I have and love the Lyman digital trigger pull gauge. Not a cheap piece of equipment (but necessary for pistolsmithing).

Place the pistol in a vice, and take 10 readings. The unit averages the pull weights, and also gives high and low pull weights. I love that thing.

OK, back to your thread...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just as a side-note, I have and love the Lyman digital trigger pull gauge. Not a cheap piece of equipment (but necessary for pistolsmithing).

Place the pistol in a vice, and take 10 readings. The unit averages the pull weights, and also gives high and low pull weights. I love that thing.

OK, back to your thread...
No, thank you! I actually have a trigger pull gauge on my wish list. I was planning on getting one of the Wheeler gauges. I will take a look at the Lyman.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ouch.

Was just trying to be helpful.
LOL, sorry, my written tone was totally off.

What it was meant to read as was more, "no, please hi-jack the thread with good advice or interesting information".

So major public apology: I am sorry Happy. In rereading what I wrote I can see how it came off wrong. That was not my intention at all!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts