Glock Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I appreciate the improvements to the Gen 4 frames in the Full Sized and Compact Guns. However, I don't feel that way about the Sub Compact Glocks. First, the Sub Compact Glocks I notice the following negative feelings that contribute to a poor grip: My hands web sinks forward into the frame (somewhat in the area of the web of the hand) and the newly designed SF mofification of the Trigger Housing area causes the trigger finger to move back closer. In a 1911 I like long triggers and accompanying stretch and relaxing of the trigger finger. Also, the bottom frame area of the grip - the does not change causing what I perceive to be an imbalance and awkward feeling - at least for me between key three areas which are the hands web, trigger finger and three finger grasp on the lower grip frame. I notice more of a stretched feeling in the Gen 3. Now I can see why a friend of mine is issued a Gen 4 G23 and a Gen 3 G27. The subcompacts don't seem to improve handling characteristics in my experience. The Gen4 changes are positive in the larger Compact and Full Sized Glocks....... ARMORER1911

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know what you mean I own the 21 and 22 gen 4 and they fit me like a glove but I needed a sub compact 40 and the Glock just didn't feel good so ended up getting an M&P 40 c

·
Registered
59 Posts
I actually liked the feel of the grip on the gen 4 g27 I just picked up. once I got it home I tried both back straps and I decided to keep the medium one on it. the backstraps do fill in the area where the web of your hand sits and maybe that's why I like the feel of it.

·
238 Posts
I def appreciate your observations from shooting. For me personally I like the changes in the G26 G4. I owned a G26 Gen3 and traded it in for another pistol. Eventually I regreted my decision and went back for my G26. By this time the G4 was available and I was able to compare both generations at the same time. While I agree the changes are not drastic, the small amount of change in the grip works very well with my grip and I don't think I would go back to a Gen 3 G26 (Althouh I have a Gen 3 23 and that will never leave my collection). It might also be the texture of the grip as well. That rough texture just feels alot more stable. Anyway, I have had great results from the G26 G4. I fear the day I come across a G23 G4...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.