Gen 3 OD Green Glocks Worth More?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by LONEWOLF, Dec 12, 2011.

1. LONEWOLF

LONEWOLF New Member

Whats your opinion would you pay more for a Gen 3 OD frame model? I recently came across a G26 on gunsamerica for $1000 which is way over the top in my opinion.

2. cwtitan

cwtitan New Member

I guess it is just preference. I would never pay 1k for one. IMO maybe worth an extra 50-100 if you just can't live without it.

3. that price probably has something to do with the S/N prefix.

4. VCMike

VCMike New Member

CA
    I do not think the OD is worth that much:eek:, maybe $50.00 would be tops for me.

5. I'm not a big fan either. the ones I've seen sold on local forums are approx 50-100 more. Personally, I'd rather have the RTF's but it's all about preferences.

6. ODG34

ODG34 New Member

I could see some paying a small premium for an OD Glock but $1000 is rediculous.

7. Dirty J

Dirty J This forum sucks.

Agreed. The RTF frame is far more desirable IMO

8. The RTF will wear (also cuase excess holster wear which is not a real issue) I carried an RTF 21 for a while and I just was not a fan of it, to each there own.

I order 6 of these holsters:eek: to outfit my GLOCKs and for back up's, I figure if I don't like them they will not be hard to move @ 20 bucks !

9. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

The OD frame glocks should only be worth an extra 50-100 (maybe), but I do see that increasing since they do not make them anymore. They sold for the same price more or less when they came out. The guy in FL selling them for 1,000 bucks is crazy:eek:, but supposedly he sells them at that price often enough.

10. Dirty J

Dirty J This forum sucks.

Just saw a NIB 19 and 23 in OD at a LGS.

$599 - which I still think is too much!

11. KeenansGarage

I agree, still too much, but not bad. I saw an OD 34 and an EXO 19 at my LGS and they were asking in the 700s!!!

12. heres my g19 od you will dearly for it:)

[​IMG]

13. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

Does it come with 40 spare magazines, an alligator holster, and a slutty blonde to clean it for you in the nude?

It's a $450 gun used.

14. KeenansGarage

LMAO, good one!

15. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

Hellfire...I pay $419.99 for a NEW Glock...though to be fair, that is LE pricing on the "Blue Label" guns with 3 magazines.

It doesn't matter if they are Gen 3, 4, RTF, or Gawd Awful Green.

You pay a little bit more (like 30 bucks) for the 45 or 10mm pistols.

Whomever is trying to RAPE someone for a grand for a green Glock is just a jerk. IMNSHO (In My NOT SO HUMBLE Opinion).

16. alot of guys frown upon discussion of BL pricing, but since you broke the ice;)
    I just grabbed a g4 17 (3 17rnd mags) last summer with factory nights $470 shipped.:D:D.

next on my list is the new Ruger 1911 I think we get them for $475 ish.

17. ArizonaLawman

ArizonaLawman New Member

I have never really let the opinion of "a lot of guys" and what they "frown upon" stop me from saying what's on my mind. LE pricing is a fact of life. Military, Corrections, some armed security AND members of GSSF (one LE priced Glock per year) get the same price advantage. Why not discuss it?

Who handles Ruger LE pricing on the SR1911? Is it a Ruger program, or do I need to track down a Ruger authorized dealer and get info?

I know they were doing something with the piston AR's...but I am so comfortable with the gas guns, that I see no reason to change.

Just got off the phone with RUGER/LE Dist...$619 black stainless (new) 3 mags. They have them on the floor in Prescott AZ (who'da guessed? Ruger is IN Prescott). May have to toodle on up there next week.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  18. try budspolicesupply.com,

Our GLOCK deal is different than our Ruger thing, for GLOCK we deal with gunarama, but we deal directly with Ruger as they are one of our sponsor's. They can surely do better than $619, our price through Ruger is $498.

19. Steelharp

Steelharp New Member

Yeah. Inject plastic with "Exorcist vomit," and it's worth a king's ransom.

I think not.