Glock Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Saturday All,

Brand new member here. Just purchased my first Glock last night (G29SF 10mm) and in giddy anticipation of her release from Kali’s 10 day quarantine I bought her some nice things to wear.

Truglo TFO Grn/Grn sights ✅
(2x) Pierce +0 grip ✅
Talon Black Rubber ✅

What I need to help round out the ensemble are 2 high(er) capacity mags for when we are sojourning in less restrictive regimes.

My question is this:

Is there a double stack Glock mag that fits the 29 exactly (w/o extending beyond the grip)?

If not what is the shortest double stack mag I can use and is there a grip extender that will cover the extra?

Thank you in advance and if I’ve overlooked anything you feel I really must have please let me know.

PS: If you carry your 29 as a backcountry sidearm what holster do you recommend?

·
Premium Member
13,750 Posts
Happy Saturday All,

Brand new member here. Just purchased my first Glock last night (G29SF 10mm) and in giddy anticipation of her release from Kali’s 10 day quarantine I bought her some nice things to wear.

Truglo TFO Grn/Grn sights
(2x) Pierce +0 grip
Talon Black Rubber

What I need to help round out the ensemble are 2 high(er) capacity mags for when we are sojourning in less restrictive regimes.

My question is this:

Is there a double stack Glock mag that fits the 29 exactly (w/o extending beyond the grip)?

If not what is the shortest double stack mag I can use and is there a grip extender that will cover the extra?

Thank you in advance and if I’ve overlooked anything you feel I really must have please let me know.

PS: If you carry your 29 as a backcountry sidearm what holster do you recommend?
The 29sf should come with a 10 round flush fit magazine regardless of state. It is already a double stack magazine at 10 rounds.

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
G20 mags fit the g29.a higher capacity double stack mag that is no longer than the 10rd stock double stack is not available to my knowledge.I have a g29 and Carry it with a concealment express owb kydex paddle holster.available on Amazon or their website and I'm thinking I might of gotten a vet discount on their website.. Good quality,no complaints.good choice on the sights.welcome and good luck.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I use the Pearce +2 extensions for additional capacity on my 29. Pearce Grips

I like the fit, texture and I’ve never had a problem with Pearce extensions (I also use Pearce on 26, 42 and 43).

Be sure you know your state laws - it wouldn’t surprise me if just owning the extensions are illegal in some states so consider how much an extra round is really worth.

Any Glock 10mm mag will work in your 29. A G20 mag is not going to fit flush. There are companies that make sleeves for G17 or 19 mags to fit the 26 so there may be sleeves for the 20 to fit the 29.

For what it’s worth - I used to use G17 mags in my 26 shooting GSSF. I liked the balance and never felt I needed a sleeve on them.

Reactions: Lucian_253

·
Premium Member
13,750 Posts
I use the Pearce +2 extensions for additional capacity on my 29. Pearce Grips

I like the fit, texture and I’ve never had a problem with Pearce extensions (I also use Pearce on 26, 42 and 43).

Be sure you know your state laws - it wouldn’t surprise me if just owning the extensions are illegal in some states so consider how much an extra round is really worth.

Any Glock 10mm mag will work in your 29. A G20 mag is not going to fit flush. There are companies that make sleeves for G17 or 19 mags to fit the 26 so there may be sleeves for the 20 to fit the 29.

For what it’s worth - I used to use G17 mags in my 26 shooting GSSF. I liked the balance and never felt I needed a sleeve on them.
He’s in California, remember.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, very glad to hear the 29 comes double stack. If I had thought about the dimensions a bit more I suppose I could have noodled that one out on my own ; ) Just been reading about so many different models and all the complaints about the single stack mags I guess I got tunnel vision.

Yes it is illegal to own 10+ mags in California, but in much the same way it was illegal to smoke pot a couple years ago. If you take it out in public and the right officer happens to notice you will be fined. Thus my desire for a little subterfuge.

I may have found a solution. I'll post a pic if it works out. Either way I still want them for target practice and as I said for when I am in locations less hostile toward the 2nd.

Thanks again for the suggestions

·
Registered
459 Posts
Reactions: Lucian_253
1 - 7 of 7 Posts