Gen 3 19

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by xxlrg, Mar 25, 2012.

1. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Hate to beat a dead horse but Ive been reading and reading these threads and I am still a little confused. I spotted a Gen 3 19 Ive been looking for. I want to pick it up tomorrow but want to know if I should inspect the ejector serial number before pulling the trigger on it. I want the Gen 3 so its not a decision between Gen 3 or 4. I will buy a Gen 4 but not this one. I just want to buy a gun that will run and not have to change anything in it to get it to run. Thanks again and sorry for the redundancy

2. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Go for it. I shoot a G19C without a hitch.

BTW, go to the introduction and say "Howdy" to the folks, OK? And BTW, welcome to the forum.:)

3. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I'm pretty sure the Gen 3s are ok except for the newest ones (ones that were produced around the same time as the Gen 4s that had problems). But Glock has everything sorted out now. You should be good to go on the gen 3.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum xxlrg !!

Gen 3's are good to go...

5. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Haven't had a problem with one yet...Last I heard it was the early Gen 4s that had the issue.

6. wjmarch47

wjmarch47 New Member

Just over 10,000rds through my Gen3 19 and no problems. Not even a jam. Just had it inspected by Glock certified armorer and it passed 100%.

7. SHOOTER13

Welcome to the Glock Forum wjmarch47 !!

8. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Sounds good. Kinda overslept today but I just might pick it up tomorrow if I can get up a little earlier. Kinda a night owl I guess

9. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Love my 19 Gen3. Smooth as silk.

10. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

No need to inspect the ejector because it will be 336. I have both a Gen3 (336 ejector) and Gen4. Both run like clocks.

11. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Ok so it SHOULD be 336 and it SHOULD run with no problems ....

12. SHOOTER13

Affirmative... !!

13. xxlrg

xxlrg New Member

Muchly appreciate it guys. Went and picked up today. 100 through it no problems!

14. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Glad to hear!

15. deputydawg

deputydawg New Member

I just bought a gen 3 19 myself shoots flawless

16. Redneckcmb

Redneckcmb Chris Supporter

Got mine a few months ago had an issue with it not throwing brass far and some straight up but changed the plastic bearing at the back of the extractor assembly with a older one that was thicker and it fixed it. A $3 fix I can live with that ...

17. I had issues with weak, erratic ejections and brass to the face with my Gen 3 G19. It was test fired in March 2011 and every magazine had 2-3 rounds in the face and I mean it fired them back. I put an LWD extractor in and it solved the brass to the face but it still had erratic/weak ejection...even with higher powered rounds. Some would go left, some vertica and I even had one shoot up about 4 inches and land nice and neat right on top of the gun. My new Gen 4 G19 has none of those issues, strong ejection to the right, not erratic or weak. With that said, my Gen 3 G19 fired at least 3000 rounds with only 3 failures, two of which were explainable, one ammo and one with a brand new recoil spring.