Glock Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
came very close - after talking with this guy for 3 weeks, to trading my RIA 1911 for his Glock 23, gen 3.

I told him my pistol was stock, GI, that it came with mags, some ammo, but that was it. he gets here, after weeks of being ok with the deal, and decides that he wants cash I dont have for it. are you kidding me? you drive all the way out here and neglect to tell me about trigger work and Im the bad guy?

jeez Im just selling it outright and putting it towards a 23 or a 21

·
أنا لست ارهابيا
75 Posts
man that sucks, yeah you should just sell your gun out right and or save up some money and trade it in on a brand new Glock... hope you get your Glock soon

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the initial package was a gen 3 glock 23 with 5 13 rd mags, 2 10 rd mags. he walked, we didnt do a deal and it was back to the drawing board for me. He just emailed me asking if Id consider it with the trigger job intact, but solely with the 2 10 rd magazines for my RIA, W/ 5 magazines.

It seemed like a beautiful gun and the gen3 does fit my hand very well, but methinks I should hold out. I live in MA, so its not as if I can get a new one, good used glocks are the best way to get them in these parts,

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
OK, I'm trying to follow this but I can't.

I have no idea what trigger work/job you are talking about, or how you went from cash being the issue to a trigger being the issue.....I'm so lost.

Try starting from the beginning. Don't use abbreviations all over and take a breath because the posts read like you are having a panic attack. It's not an attack on you, i just want to understand what is going on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
sure.

I have an RIA *rock island armory* 1911, with accessories - ie mags and holsters. I listed it to trade on a site or for the sale price of 525. My trade terms were for a glock or high capacity polymer handgun.

a response I recieved indicated there was interest in trading this for a glock 23 - 5 13 rd mags, and 2 10 round mags. Guy gets here, tells me the gun he has includes a trigger job that made it lighter and its value was as a result, higher. he initially walked off, because I wasnt coming up with more money, again, didnt know about this feature.

Now, he emails again: he still wants to trade the 23 for my 1911, but with all my accessories - hes willing only to include 2 10 round magazines.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i think thats what Im going to do. I do love the gen 3, i now know what I want, I just hate wasting time with googans

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i think thats what Im going to do. I do love the gen 3, i now know what I want, I just hate wasting time with googans
Send him a return E Mail restating the ORIGINAL AGREED UPON DEAL! Be stern but not disagreeable. Explain to him that 1. that was the agreed deal. 2. That is the ONLY deal you will do with him. 3. If he is unable to keep his part of the Deal then nothing more needs to be said and you guys can go about your business of getting the guns you want elsewhere! It is worth a Shot. I lost a Good Deal on a G26 ($300.00) because a guys wife wanted to interfere in the deal. "Homey Don't Play That!" So I lost a Good deal! and he still sold it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts