Galco

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by Stephan, May 21, 2012.

1. Stephan

Stephan New Member

I recently purchased an IWB holster for my G17 Gen 4. I was looking to hear opinions of those that also carry IWB.

When holstered throughout the day, do you choose to leave the gun with a round in the chamber?

2. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

I carry everyday off duty. I use a crossbreed or a Texas Gunleather Texas Heritage for my G27 or G23. Both are great and comfortable. I also carry with one in the chamber.

Crossbreed is a bit more comfortable because it is flat sided (side against you is flat, all of fun is to the outside). The TT Gunleather one conceals better but is not flat sided so it digs a little into my side...not enough to be uncomfortable.

3. matthew03

matthew03 New Member

I have been carrying a G23 in a Dale Fricke Archangel AIWB rig, always with a round chambered.

4. I always carry OWB for the most part, but sometimes IWB. Always condition 1

5. i havnt carried my gun yet cocked locked and ready to rock yet. i did once like 5 mins ago cuz i was outside and i felt better than when i just keep the mag in it. just my .02.

6. Criminals don't need to cock to fire, and they know what they are going to do before you do.

7. true. might have to start carrying a round in the chamber.

8. i02much

i02much New Member

I recently bought a 5.11 tactical iwb "appendix" carry for my G-26. It's great so far. I can carry around the 2-3 o'clock position with no printing at all and when I sit in the car or sit down I slide it on over to the 3-4 o'clock. It's easy to slide out and back to position.
    I always carry one in chamber with my Glock. It's a striker fire so I don't worry about it too much. Just be careful when holstering. Make sure no fingers or clothing gets in that trigger.

9. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

I carry IWB and I prefer that to an outside holster. It is better for concealment and to me it is more comfortable. Depending on how you wear it, it may take some getting used to. I keep mine in my back and driving was the hardest thing to get used to, but it only took about a day. I do not keep one in the chamber though. Personal preference for an additional safety. The best advice I was given was just to carry it the same way all the time though so you are not in a situation that you cannot remember if you chambered one or not.

10. Devinh2

Devinh2 Guest

Always carry IWB, and always one in the chamber!!

11. Stephan

Stephan New Member

Thank you all for your input.

12. klf

klf New Member

IWB in warm weather, OWB with a jacket or sweatshirt. Always one in the pipe until the bad guys start acknowledging "Time Outs"

13. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

As long as the holster protects the trigger while carrying then yes. If it doesn't, then you need to get a new holster. Also, train, train, train and become comfortable carrying with one in the chamber. Do it around your house for a week or so to get used to it. If you're asking the question of whether or not you should carry with one in the chamber, that means you are uncomfortable with it for a reason and you should probably not carry that way in public. Just remember, keep your finger OFF the trigger until you're ready to fire, don't point the gun at anything you don't intend to kill or destroy, and be sure of what is behind your target and you'll be good to go.

14. chipinsc

chipinsc New Member

without a round chamered you put yourself in the position to be a victim. AS stated above the bad guy is locked & loaded ...the time it would take to draw & chamber a round you most likely will be leaking

15. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

What good is an unloaded gun? But like stated above make sure you're comfortable first!