Galco Tuck-n-go vs Desantis SOF Tuck

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by KGlock, May 8, 2014.

1. KGlock

KGlock New Member

I'm looking for a "tuck-able" appendix IWB (AIWB) for my G23.
    Anybody have experience with the Galco Tuck-n-go or the Desantis SOF tuck? Any other recommendations?

2. krglock

krglock One More Day

Hey man. Funny cause I was on the DeSantis site just now looking for an appendix carry. I just called them and customer service rep said the only appendix carry they recommend is the Tuck-This II. She said they have positive feedback on it.

Of course she would, right? Anyway, just letting you know since I was looking too.

3. KGlock

KGlock New Member

Thanks man! I kind of like the Galco Tuck-n-go because it doesn't have the kant adjustment. I'm only planning on appendix carry and want the minimal amount of volume down there. The clip looks a bit iffy. The price is pretty close for both and they are around $30. What are you looking to carry in it?
    Let me know if you find something out!

4. krglock

krglock One More Day

Sig P938. I was leaning toward the DeSantis because, like you say about the Galco clip, and the magazine pouch that the Tuck-This has.

Now if I can ever find a 7 round mag for the 938 ...

I have no experience with either brand. Took a flier and ordered from DeSantis.

I have Zorn holsters for my Glocks which I happy with. Got them from Glockmeister.

EDIT: I should say Zorn for appendix carry for Glocks

5. KGlock

KGlock New Member

Why didn't you go with a Zorn again? Do they only make them for Glocks?

6. krglock

krglock One More Day

Glockmeister ones only for glock and the Zorn website had a forever wait so I went for the quick fix. Heard good things about desantis. I also like to branch out and see what I can be missing

7. KGlock

KGlock New Member

Did you get the DeSantis in yet? I have them both saved in my Amazon cart. =)

8. krglock

krglock One More Day

Not yet. Supposedly tomorrow.

9. krglock

krglock One More Day

You might want to check out comp - tac too

10. KGlock

KGlock New Member

Cool man. I'm almost on the DeSantis idea too. I'm really torn between them. I know what I want, I just can't find anyone making what I have in my head.

11. krglock

krglock One More Day

I really like the Kydex AIWB by Zorn.

Hopefully tomorrow I receive DeSantis and I post a quick opinion on it

12. KGlock

KGlock New Member

The Zorn looks really nice but the $50 is a little tough. The Skinny Rig is tuck-able right?

Galco - $28
    DeSantis - $35

13. krglock

krglock One More Day

The skinny rig is tuck-able. I have both skinny and wraith. I like wraith more. Feel it is a faster draw. More sturdy on the belt.

Like I was saying, tomorrow I can give an opinion on the DeSantis. Just keep in mind I got that for a P938, not a Glock.

14. KGlock

KGlock New Member

I've been e-mailing them and they have a 30 day trial period as well as free shipping for anything over $40. Might be worth a try...

PS Anyone else that is reading this or has any input or wanting the same thing feel free to drop in on this. :)

15. KGlock

KGlock New Member

Alright... I ordered a Zorn. If its not awesome you will be getting some hate mail :) and I'll send it back within 30 days for a full refund.

16. krglock

krglock One More Day

Lol. Fair enough. I hope you like it.

Skinny or Wraith?

17. KGlock

KGlock New Member

Skinny. I wanted something tuckable and appendix carry. Anybody else out there thar is in the thin side the appendix carry is awesome.

18. krglock

krglock One More Day

Got my DeSantis holster for the 938 other day. Very happy with it. Carried one day so far AIWB like I do with all my holsters. It has the extra mag holder. Now I just need to get an extra mag. (How can Sig not give an extra mag).

Anyway KGlock, I hope you like your Zorn. I am very happy with them. They dont impeded me at all carrying AIWB.

19. KGlock

KGlock New Member

I'm glad you're happy with it. When I get mine in I'll post some pictures on here of it and how I like it. I'm also planning to carry it AIWB so I'll let you know how that works out.

Is anyone else interested in this thread or one of the mentioned holsters?

20. KGlock

KGlock New Member

So I got my Zorn holster in and it was awesome. It was riding too high from the description and had the full sweat guard on it when I actually asked for the combat cut. I emailed them and told them that something didn't seem right with it. Nate (the owner) emailed me back right away with a very nice sincere e-mail apologizing thinking the wrong one got dropped in the right bag. They are shipping the correct one out to me today. The quality of the one I received was amazing and the customer service is top rate. If you are looking for a Kydex holster I would definitely check out https://www.zornholsters.com/. They are about $50 but well worth it. I can't wait to get my new one!

Attached Files: