Glock Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barrel was immaculately cleaned two weeks ago with same brush and foaming bore cleaner to a shiny mirror finish. Shot about 100 rounds of copper plated ammo through it last week, noticed it had quite a bit of buildup in the barrel so I went to clean it today and the boresnake wouldn't drop all the way through...okay, let's run a cleaning brush through it...I figured the bristles will flex a bit, it should go through, right? NOPE....COMPLETELY STUCK at the end of the barrel. Will not budge. Took outside and pounded the cleaning brush handle against the cement as hard as I could. Not a thing. Poured Slick 50 lube down the front in hopes of helping it to pop free...again with the cement...nope.

Something is really wrong with this barrel to foul up so quickly, after just 100 rounds. The brush is stuck good.
Sent the obligatory email to Glock customer service. Of course, this had to happen on a Saturday when they're closed and I was just ready to go shooting.

Wood Hardwood Flooring Office supplies Fashion accessory

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Is the TX22 a fixed barrel?
Kind of, it comes off with the slide when taken apart, the barrel is 'locked' into tabs that hold it down to the internal frame when assembled...not very tightly, though...you can feel it's got some wiggle to it, even when fully assembled. It does not move up and down like locked breech barrels. The Glock 44 barrel definitely locks up tighter IMO.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Still haven't heard anything back from Glock...
...and just like that, I'm at Walmart today and my doorbell camera alerts me so I check, and FedEx is at the door, of course...on a Sunday, can you believe it? Shipping info tells me it's a package sent from Smyrna, GA and it requires a signature. No email about it, no advance shipping info sent to me, just whoomp, there it is.

They'll try to deliver again tomorrow. I WILL be here for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts