Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barrel was immaculately cleaned two weeks ago with same brush and foaming bore cleaner to a shiny mirror finish. Shot about 100 rounds of copper plated ammo through it last week, noticed it had quite a bit of buildup in the barrel so I went to clean it today and the boresnake wouldn't drop all the way through...okay, let's run a cleaning brush through it...I figured the bristles will flex a bit, it should go through, right? NOPE....COMPLETELY STUCK at the end of the barrel. Will not budge. Took outside and pounded the cleaning brush handle against the cement as hard as I could. Not a thing. Poured Slick 50 lube down the front in hopes of helping it to pop free...again with the cement...nope.

Something is really wrong with this barrel to foul up so quickly, after just 100 rounds. The brush is stuck good.
Sent the obligatory email to Glock customer service. Of course, this had to happen on a Saturday when they're closed and I was just ready to go shooting.

Wood Hardwood Flooring Office supplies Fashion accessory

·
Premium Member
9,901 Posts
Somethings up,22 LR is waxy and dirty but Ive never seen one foul out that badly in just 100 rds.

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
I've run over 500 rounds at a time shooting Steel Challenge practice with my Ruger 22/45 and only ever cleaned it with a bore snake. Ran it to 60,000 rounds before even detail stripping, just oiled the bolt.

Problem with a stuck rod is the only way to get the lead out is to melt it with a propane torch.

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
The common rifling twist rate for this cartridge is 406 mm (1:16 in), six grooves, land width = 2.16 mm, Ø lands = 5.38 mm, Ø grooves = 5.58 mm.

What does the G44 have for twist and number of grooves?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts