G43 Vs M&P Shield 9mm

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by bushwacked, Mar 6, 2017.

1. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight Well-Known Member

DAng, I never noticed that. Is that colored in like that from the factory?

2. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

G43 Vs M&P Shield 9mm

I had never noticed the stamp on mine before this thread.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017

3. Lucian_253

Yep, from factory. ImageUploadedByGlock Forum1489000150.594352.jpg

4. Easy_CZ

Easy_CZ Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

My wife's Shield is a newer one and has the white-lettered lawyer stamp.

5. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight Well-Known Member

Well, hey, you can always do a black color fill on it.

6. pineirorl

pineirorl TI_in_Yosemite

I've had my Shield 9 for over 2 years; it eats everything I put in it, is very accurate and has great ergonomics. I put an Apex sear and trigger in it (no springs or plunger) and the trigger is perfection at 4.5 lbs. I did no adjustments and passed all safety test.

7. 40caljim

40caljim Active Member Supporter

Got to shoot my new ported shield 40 today and me really likes it. Here is the video I shot comparing the recoil of the new 40 shield to my G26. I shot the G26 first then the new 40 shield.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwj-FrsXZwk[/ame]

8. 40caljim

40caljim Active Member Supporter

Don't take my word for it, this guy feels the same way I do about the shield.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdYH2M7CJN4[/ame]

9. Doing my CCL on the 25th/26th of this month , been looking at the HK P30 SK , anyone have any thoughts on this little beauty ?

10. KLiK

KLiK Rock n Roll Outlaw!

That's more comparable to a 26 than a 43 or Shield. Have no experience with it to have an opinion, perhaps start a thread and someone who has will see it and give you some feedback.

11. Lucian_253

I have shot my friends who edc carries on. Little pricey, but very nice pistol!!

12. Lucian_253

G43 Vs M&P Shield 9mm

There are a few different models of the sk. I'd want the one that has no safety, no de cocker personally. It's the LE version. I believe it's DAO. IMHO. Looks like pic below.

ImageUploadedByGlock Forum1489205081.104706.jpg

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  13. markmiela

markmiela New Member

G43 Vs M&P Shield 9mm

Shot both, trigger is a little better on the Glock but choose the Shield for a few reasons. One price is was $80-90 less than the 43. Two I didn't like the plastic sights on the 43. Three there are over a million Shield's sold, made in America and it eats and spits out every round I put through it. I think both are great guns and I would carry either.

1Voice likes this.
  14. Easy_CZ

Easy_CZ Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

That's a good-looking firearm. And, I'm sure Heckler is very proud of it too.

Gives us an idea what the VP9 subcompact will look like.

15. Lucian_253

That money you saved can be spent on the Apex trigger. Made a huge difference for my shield.

16. bargeahead

bargeahead I have the body of a god........Budda Supporter

17. The law enforcement DA only version is by all accounts very rare , i have looked at the DA/SA no safety variant , in two minds because of the price , i have a 6 month old 19 gen 4 that is perfectly adequate for my needs ...

18. Lucian_253

Most rare and most expensive. My second choice would be the SA/DA with de cocker on the back by hammer. Only one I don't like is the SK (s). Which has the external safety.

19. Glock_Fanatic

Glock_Fanatic Member

I agree... I bought a shield for my wife and the first thing I noticed was the trigger. I couldn't stand it. Didn't really bother her but I'm mainly a Glock shooter. Spent the money on an apex upgrade kit and it shoots just fine IMO.

I bought myself a 43 as an on duty backup and an EDC for summer and it shoots great out of the box.

Just personal preference really. Either way I recommend upgrading sights.

20. adc100

adc100 Active Member Supporter

Exactly what I did. The 43 is pocket carryable the shield is not. Shieldis a good gun though. But If you are considering the shield route, go with 26 instead. Same weight. I have one of those :)