Glock Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All:

I am having a strange issue with my Glock 41 that I hope you can help me resolve.

If the slide is locked back, the slide stop releases and the slide goes into battery every time the magazine release is pressed. This happens whether or not there is a magazine in the gun. I cannot understand how this happens, as there is no connection between the slide stop and the magazine release, and there is at least an inch of separation between them.

The mag release is reversed (actuates from the right side). Both are aftermarket, extended parts with low round counts, installed around three years ago.

This malfunction does not interfere with tactical reloads, and is not a safety issue, as it happens only when the gun is empty. However, is is both highly irritating and very mysterious.

What is going on, and how can I restore correct operation? I have already removed and reinstalled the slide stop, with no effect.

Thank you very much!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
40,883 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Texas!
I’d take off the slide and see if the mag release is in any way touching anything it’s not supposed to.
Other than that I’m stumped.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Texas!
I’d take off the slide and see if the mag release is in any way touching anything it’s not supposed to.
Other than that I’m stumped.
Same here.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Premium Member
2,619 Posts
All: The mag release is reversed (actuates from the right side). Both are aftermarket, extended parts with low round counts, installed around three years ago.
Before you put the aftermarket parts in did it function correctly?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts