Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to both the Forum, and Glocks.

As a "1911" shooter, I'd sure like to improve the weight, feel, travel, reset, etc. of my Glock 40 Gen 4 factory trigger. 9MM options abound, large frame 10MM not so much. Some of the "household names" that once offered have now discontinued.

Any guidance/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to do this once and be done, so would lean toward a complete kit vs. individual parts and incremental improvements.

Thanks in advance!

·
Legitimate Combatant
5,648 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Timney would be my go to but no offerings for large frame Glocks.

Buy a 3.5 connector and a heavier 6lb trigger spring. This is a cheap route but might meet your needs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Olga17 and Kraken!

Timney appears to have a very good, and reasonably priced 9MM kit. According to their customer service guy, they may have something for the 10MM in the new year. Also corresponded with Zev who have discontinued their 10MM offering. One dealer still has their PRO kit, and if I knew why they dropped the product (slow market demand vs. performance problems?), I might be inclined to give it a go. Otherwise, a connector and springs would get me started, and at minimal cost.

Again, thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Thanks, Olga17 and Kraken!

Timney appears to have a very good, and reasonably priced 9MM kit. According to their customer service guy, they may have something for the 10MM in the new year. Also corresponded with Zev who have discontinued their 10MM offering. One dealer still has their PRO kit, and if I knew why they dropped the product (slow market demand vs. performance problems?), I might be inclined to give it a go. Otherwise, a connector and springs would get me started, and at minimal cost.

Again, thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
Zev is a top quality manufacturer. Low demand has to be the reason for dropping the large frame offerings. I have one in my G30 and it has been flawless. I also ran them in our G34 (small frame) competition guns. With a combined round count over 150k I did wear one out which Zev replaced at no charge. Other than that all good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Lucian_253. The link you provided is for the very same dealer kit I've mentioned above. Prior to purchasing today, I contacted Zev once last time, only to learn that this particular trigger kit will work in a .40S&W Glock, but not my 10MM!

Don't know if Glock ever made a G40 in .40S&W, or it's just the understandable confusion between Glock 40 and Glock .40. Anyway, I've thrown in the towel for now on a complete kit a la Timney/Zev, and purchased a Zev Pro Connector and Spring kit. Hopefully, it will get me part of the way there.

Again, thanks for your support! Much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,880 Posts
Thanks, Lucian_253. The link you provided is for the very same dealer kit I've mentioned above. Prior to purchasing today, I contacted Zev once last time, only to learn that this particular trigger kit will work in a .40S&W Glock, but not my 10MM!

Don't know if Glock ever made a G40 in .40S&W, or it's just the understandable confusion between Glock 40 and Glock .40. Anyway, I've thrown in the towel for now on a complete kit a la Timney/Zev, and purchased a Zev Pro Connector and Spring kit. Hopefully, it will get me part of the way there.

Again, thanks for your support! Much appreciated.
Communication Device Font Portable communications device Mobile device Gadget

Those sneaky buggers. It lists the Glock .40 S&W models it works with at the very end of the site. Sorry about that!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts