G34 Owner from Texas

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Glenn34, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Glenn34

Glenn34 Gun Nut

Hi all, I've been lurking for some time and finally got some pics together so I can make my "introduction" post.

I've been a gun guy for several years and to be honest I didn't like Glocks until I shot a 34 at my local range. I liked it a lot, but the price ($600+ at my local stores) prevented me from getting it for several months. I happened to find a slightly used one for $399 at Cabela's and couldn't believe my luck. Until I got it home.

I didn't realize that it had a custom grip job on it. I couldn't believe I didn't notice it. I was too busy looking at the barrel and internals to make sure it was ok. The finger grooves had been filed off and it had a stipple job done. It's actually very professionally done (pic below, so judge for yourself), so I eventually got over it. It shoots wonderfully and is my new favorite 9mm, replacing my PX4.

-Glenn

Attached Files:

2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome Glenn! Glad it all turned out good! I like the stipple job, seems like it is a good solid grip mod. Enjoy the forum!

3. Glenn34

Glenn34 Gun Nut

Close-up of grip:

Attached Files:

4. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

That stipple job looks pretty good! I would have picked it up for 400 bucks!

Welcome to the Glock Forum!
    Stick around, you will like it here!

5. Ranger45

Ranger45 Senior Member

Welcome from NC!

6. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum. It's a good looking gun dude.

7. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

8. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Someone did a fine job on that grip. You could always but an aftermarket grip sleeve that would give you the finger grooves back.

9. PanFried

PanFried New Member

I really like the stipple job. I have never personally held one, but it looks like it would give good grip. Welcome from Indiana.

10. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Welcome from DFW area! I'd buy that. Looks like you got a good deal. How does it shoot?

11. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

12. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello Glenn, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Nice looking '34 ya got there! Good on ya!

Cheers!

13. Glenn34

Glenn34 Gun Nut

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

Danzig, It shoots great. More accurate than I am. The best things I like about my Glock:

- The trigger
    - Easy to field strip
    - Cheap magazines
    - 33 round magazines!

This is my only gun besides my AR where I have enough magazines to load them up at home and go to the range without reloading them there.

-Glenn

14. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

Welcome from Tampa, Florida