Glock Firearms banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gun Nut
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've been lurking for some time and finally got some pics together so I can make my "introduction" post.

I've been a gun guy for several years and to be honest I didn't like Glocks until I shot a 34 at my local range. I liked it a lot, but the price ($600+ at my local stores) prevented me from getting it for several months. I happened to find a slightly used one for $399 at Cabela's and couldn't believe my luck. Until I got it home.

I didn't realize that it had a custom grip job on it. I couldn't believe I didn't notice it. I was too busy looking at the barrel and internals to make sure it was ok. The finger grooves had been filed off and it had a stipple job done. It's actually very professionally done (pic below, so judge for yourself), so I eventually got over it. It shoots wonderfully and is my new favorite 9mm, replacing my PX4.

-Glenn

Attachments

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome Glenn! Glad it all turned out good! I like the stipple job, seems like it is a good solid grip mod. Enjoy the forum!

·
Hiding in plain sight....
18,120 Posts
That stipple job looks pretty good! I would have picked it up for 400 bucks!

Welcome to the Glock Forum!
Stick around, you will like it here!

·
782 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
Someone did a fine job on that grip. You could always but an aftermarket grip sleeve that would give you the finger grooves back.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I really like the stipple job. I have never personally held one, but it looks like it would give good grip. Welcome from Indiana.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
38,678 Posts
Welcome from DFW area! I'd buy that. Looks like you got a good deal. How does it shoot?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! This is a great community. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

·
Gun Nut
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone.

Danzig, It shoots great. More accurate than I am. The best things I like about my Glock:

- The trigger
- Easy to field strip
- Cheap magazines
- 33 round magazines!

This is my only gun besides my AR where I have enough magazines to load them up at home and go to the range without reloading them there.

-Glenn

1 - 14 of 14 Posts