Glock Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, now that I have 900 Rounds through my G34 Gen 4 I am starting to have a little concern about the extractor/ejector. So far no issues with FTF or FTE, but having issues more frequently with spent casings to the head. I have been getting hit in the face and forehead more frequently, and its starting to get to me. I have the 336 ejector and I am guessing that I may need to get the new 30274, as its a new design? Is this covered by Glock? Will they send me one for free or only if I have it sent to a Glock Armorer? I bought this G34 last year around August, test casing from Glock states Aug 16th, 2011. Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated.

·
11 Posts
You will have to either send your gun to Glock or have a Glock armorer order you the part. Or you can do what I did and order the new ejector from lonewolf and put it in yourself.

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply, I figured it would have to be sent in or done by an armorer. I would rather order the part and do it myself, I don't think you should own a firearm of any kind if you cannot tear it down to nothing and reassemble it on you own- to me that is what being a responsible owner of any firearm is all about.
I made this post because after Googling and searching the web for a decent answer as to what the fix is, I am still not convinced 100% as to what the solution is to the issue.
Some say the newer ejector fixes it, some say that the extractor is the issue, combination of both, light loads, or limp wristing.
I can say that I am no limp wrister, I am also shooting run of the mill 115gr Remington for practice, if that's an issue I will sell the thing and buy a H&K and be done with it, I like Glocks, I really like the design and simplicity about them, but I refuse to deal with a pistol that ejects empty rounds to my head- plain and simple.
I might try the newer ejector and see if that makes a difference, its a cheap gamble.
-Alex

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
The correct number for the new Ejector is 30275.
You could call Glock and explain to them what is going on and tell them you would like to have the new ejector and you might be surprised at their answer.
Worth a try, don't you think?

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, phone call to Glock this morning yielded that I have the ejector and DOT connector changed out. The gentleman I spoke with was somewhat friendly and mentioned that I had to have a Glock Armorer do the install- I sighed, and then immediately had the epiphany that the reason that Glock will not ship it direct to you is that its a liability for them, and asked him over the phone if this was the reason- the answer was "yes", as expected.
I really do not understand why- if your buying a pistol, and you are expected to clean and maintain it by Glock, isn't it also implied that you know how to safely disassemble it too? There are plenty of idiots out there that cannot manage that, and what difference does that make to Glockif I install my own ejector? My only guess would be that if they provide a part free of charge, and you install it and the pistol should malfunction and injure you or someone else they could somehow be found at fault because it was indirectly implied by them that you were competent to install it. Its a sad state of affairs in this day and age that a company has to cover its behind to this degree. Sorry if I went off on a tangent about this, but its something I do not think should be an issue, neither should me having to fix "Perfection"- I ordered the 30275 Ejector from glockparts.com, will do it myself- Glock would not pay for the armorer to install- that was, I am told, my expense- cheaper to buy it this way.
Thanks for listening,
Alex
p.s. I still love my G34 Gen 4, but maybe will branch out to H&K in the future- haven't heard many complaints about them, and the very few I have fired (2) I liked.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Well I guess it was worth a try.
I DO agree that if you own a pistol, no mater what brand, YOU should be able to clean and maintain it yourself.

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your understanding on my post. I should mention that I was extremely polite to the gentleman I spoke with at Glock- he mentioned that he was glad to hear that I understood why I couldn't get the part shipped to me, he also mentioned that not everyone that calls is polite and understanding!
Alex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts