G34 Carry Issue

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by shoognite, Mar 26, 2012.

1. shoognite

shoognite New Member

I decided I would try carrying a full size as opposed to my G19. I'm carrying in a Crossbreed Supertuck. The issue is that twice now, I've pressed the Mag release when driving, causing the magazine to fall out or release when getting out of my car. I guess it's the extended magazine button pressing between my back and the seat.

What is a good replacement mag release for concealed. I looked at my 19, and it's just so worn down it works fine if I carry IWb backside. Do you sand it down?

Any suggestions?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum shoognite !!

Can't help you with that problem, but stand by...

help will be here shortly !

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012

3. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Biggest issue is you are CCing a +fullsize competition gun. The G34 is longer than the full-size guns. If you want to carry a full size try the G17. However if it is the extended mag release button then you're probably just going to have to change it back to stock.

4. lzyltng

lzyltng New Member

My answer to this is to use a "holster shirt" from 5.11 Tactical Gear. It swallows up my G19 under one arm and two 17 round mags under the other. At times I carry my G17L and it works just as well. With a tighter over short, there is a little printing with the 17L, but zero with the 19. I'm 5'10", 150lbs., and the small fits perfectly. I jabs three to rotate through. Highly recommend this "holster shirt" for concealed carry. Zero chance of my weapon being seen. Shoot Straight...

5. Ive seen a lot of cats actually take some of the end off the extended release but still keep it longer then stock. May be something to try.

Simply bust out some sandpaper and sand down the finger tip part and then grab the dremel and remake the grooves. You can shave it down and give it a try at halfway and if that doesnt work... toss in the factory release. At least its a very easy mod.

6. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

x2 on tossing in a factory G17 mag release. Try it and see.

7. Webphisher

DAMN! Never would have thought about CCing a 17L lol.

8. When you're in the car take it out of the holster. Thats what i do and before I get out I put it back in the holster. I carry my 35 on me in a blackhawk serpa.

9. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

The extended slide must be a bear trying to draw all that gun straight up from the hip.

I normally wear an IWB holster and I would just about run out of body for all that travel:p

10. Webphisher

THats what I was thinking too lol.

11. I actually carry owb, I'm thinking of getting a iwb by N82tactical. It actually has a paddle attach to it.

12. shoognite

shoognite New Member

I'm going to try this first...thanks for the idea
    I'm going to do this if I **** up sanding down the extended
    It's actually not bad, and size does matter ;)

The G34 length isn't bad on a cant in the middle of the back. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's harder to conceal than the G19, but it is still reasonable.

13. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Can't imagine reholstering like that but I guess it is all in the training.