G30sf

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by LT2108, Apr 4, 2012.

1. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    Anyone carry a G30SF for EDC, and info on it you could provide? I got my G30SF last week and I plan on taking it to the range for the first time tomorrow morning and put about 200 rds through it..... Anyone have one, and how do you like it !

2. Bought my 30SF the same day you did (previous thread somewhere). Shot 200 rounds through it on Friday, and posted pics in 'range reports' section. It's a great firearm, really easy to conceal with my White hat IWB holster. You, sir, are going to have a great time tomorrow at the range!! Very accurate and just plain fun to shoot. Hope you let us all know your impressions!

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I love shooting my G30SF every chance I get...

and I carry it everyday in a High Noon Split Decision

IWB holster with a 15 degree forward cant.

[​IMG]

4. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Ya, my favorite Glock to shoot so far.

5. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I carry a 30 non sf and love it. Conceals very easily. I even CC in BBall shorts.

Attached Files:

6. Blades

Blades Senior Member

I picked up my G30 yesterday, and am planning to CC it, first I have to get my CCW. No range time yet.

Quick question: Those who CC it, what ammo do you carry? I'm still searching around, so this question may already be answered.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  7. LT2108

Ohio
    Mine is my EDC and I use Speer Gold Dot 230g

8. Webphisher

My G30 is my backup EDC right now, I carry that and a 19, and I use Hornady Z-max 185gr.

9. LT2108

Ohio

That's funny to hear, lol, a .45 ACP used as a "backup"

10. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Yea...usually the other way around !

11. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

Is Hornady Critical Defense the same as their Zombie Max? Thanks

12. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Yes it's the same thing. Except the zombie uses the green tip and brass casing.

13. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Thanks for the information. I want to use a 230g bullet, so I'll have to price the Gold Dot's.
    I was looking at the PMC Starfire's; I had them before in 9MM, and one place had the 20packs for $15.00. I might order a few boxes.

14. Webphisher

Ya. Z max is almost always cheaper by a few bucks for the same round so that's what I get lol.

15. Rodgers

Rodgers New Member

I have a Generation 3 Glock 30 that is not the SF and I enjoy having it. I carry it all the time IWB and sometimes have to check and make sure it is still there. It is a very accurate firearm.

16. OneOldGoat

OneOldGoat New Member

What IWB holsters do you guys recommend for the 30sf??

17. LT2108

Ohio
    My choice is Kholster holster .... Very comftorable wear all day

18. Hurricane460

Hurricane460 Glock Doc..

230 grain Winchester Ranger or Remington 230 grain. Holster is a Fobus.

19. Blades

Blades Senior Member

I'm using a Remora holster.