G30sf ankle holster!

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by savage07, Jul 29, 2012.

1. savage07

savage07 New Member

Ok guys, now I need a nice ankle holster that would feel comfortable caring my thick and heavy G 30sf comfortable with out breaking my ankle or bank! Any ideas or recommendations will help! :)

2. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Galco or desantis both make great holsters, let me get to my computer and I'll post some recommendations and prices.

3. savage07

savage07 New Member

Cool, I appreciate it!

4. savage07

savage07 New Member

I have never wear a ankle holster before and I have no idea of how carrying a gun on my skinny leg would feel...

5. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Galco Body glove $70
    [​IMG]

Desantis Apache $40
    [​IMG]

6. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Both of these come with sheep wool on the back for comfort. I don't recommend ankle carry for anyone who is walking around all day.

7. savage07

savage07 New Member

Cool! I like the Apache one, I'll pass later today by my local shop to see if the have it. The reason I'm starting to consider this type of holster is because of the heat in South FL sometimes makes you want to wear a light white shirt and my inside the waist holster will not conceal very well. Yea I can expect walking around to much with a heavy tool on your ankle would not feel to comfy after a while! Jeje! Thank you for the inf. and advice!!!

8. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Hint, I sell these….

9. Blades

Blades Senior Member

You might want to wrap your G30 on your ankle with something, walk around the house with it, see how it feels.

10. zipper046

zipper046 Member Supporter

I have uses both the galco and desantis. The Galco has more padding and is VERY comfortable. I say Galco from experience.

11. UKWildcatfan

UKWildcatfan New Member

Do you have an ankle rig that will work with a G30 sf with a TLR-2? I know that's big and bulky just looking to grab one as mostly a demonstration tool.

12. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Honestly I have never seen an ankle holster for a weapon with a light... Might I suggest one for a g30sf and simply remove the light?

13. UKWildcatfan

UKWildcatfan New Member

Already have one. Like I said just wanted something for demonstrations in my CCDW classes. I have a hip holster that works for it, but just wanted another option. Thanks though.

14. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Just something that I have learned, if you contact holster companies, most are willing you give you a training and education holster for instructional purposes, free of charge.

15. UKWildcatfan

UKWildcatfan New Member

Awesome I had no idea they would do that. Thanks for the info!

16. cpbanker

cpbanker New Member

Galco tends to be thick pad and small on a big guy. I like my desantis with the calf support band. Carry it every day all day.