Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, now I need a nice ankle holster that would feel comfortable caring my thick and heavy G 30sf comfortable with out breaking my ankle or bank! Any ideas or recommendations will help! :)

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
savage07 said:
Ok guys, now I need a nice ankle holster that would feel comfortable caring my thick and heavy G 30sf comfortable with out breaking my ankle or bank! Any ideas or recommendations will help! :)
Galco or desantis both make great holsters, let me get to my computer and I'll post some recommendations and prices.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have never wear a ankle holster before and I have no idea of how carrying a gun on my skinny leg would feel...

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
I have never wear a ankle holster before and I have no idea of how carrying a gun on my skinny leg would feel...
Both of these come with sheep wool on the back for comfort. I don't recommend ankle carry for anyone who is walking around all day.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blackwolffcf said:
Galco Body glove $70

Desantis Apache $40
Cool! I like the Apache one, I'll pass later today by my local shop to see if the have it. The reason I'm starting to consider this type of holster is because of the heat in South FL sometimes makes you want to wear a light white shirt and my inside the waist holster will not conceal very well. Yea I can expect walking around to much with a heavy tool on your ankle would not feel to comfy after a while! Jeje! Thank you for the inf. and advice!!!

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Cool! I like the Apache one, I'll pass later today by my local shop to see if the have it. The reason I'm starting to consider this type of holster is because of the heat in South FL sometimes makes you want to wear a light white shirt and my inside the waist holster will not conceal very well. Yea I can expect walking around to much with a heavy tool on your ankle would not feel to comfy after a while! Jeje! Thank you for the inf. and advice!!!
Hint, I sell these….

·
1,612 Posts
You might want to wrap your G30 on your ankle with something, walk around the house with it, see how it feels.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
UKWildcatfan said:
Do you have an ankle rig that will work with a G30 sf with a TLR-2? I know that's big and bulky just looking to grab one as mostly a demonstration tool.
Honestly I have never seen an ankle holster for a weapon with a light... Might I suggest one for a g30sf and simply remove the light?

·
Registered
54 Posts
blackwolffcf said:
Honestly I have never seen an ankle holster for a weapon with a light... Might I suggest one for a g30sf and simply remove the light?
Already have one. Like I said just wanted something for demonstrations in my CCDW classes. I have a hip holster that works for it, but just wanted another option. Thanks though.

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
UKWildcatfan said:
Already have one. Like I said just wanted something for demonstrations in my CCDW classes. I have a hip holster that works for it, but just wanted another option. Thanks though.
Just something that I have learned, if you contact holster companies, most are willing you give you a training and education holster for instructional purposes, free of charge.

·
Registered
54 Posts
blackwolffcf said:
Just something that I have learned, if you contact holster companies, most are willing you give you a training and education holster for instructional purposes, free of charge.
Awesome I had no idea they would do that. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Galco tends to be thick pad and small on a big guy. I like my desantis with the calf support band. Carry it every day all day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts