Glock Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I recently 'pulled the trigger' on my first Glock - I chose the 30S. I also joined my first forum, so thanks for having me. I have looked through the forums for quite some time and I am having trouble finding information on parts compatibility for the G30S. Any answers or opinions will be greatly appreciated, but keep in mind all of these questions are specific to the G30S.

1. Sevigny Carry Night Sight (2 lamp WAR-SCY-11) - Has anyone used these on the 30S and does the front sight screw contact the barrel?
What other night sights are you 30S owners installing that work with the model?

2. Extended slide stop/release - Does anyone know which one is made for the 30S, or which works reliably? I have read that there is potential for reliability issues in the 30S with most extended slide releases.
Does anyone have experience with the 'Ghost Bullet Slide Release' on the 30S?

3. 4.5lb trigger connector - Use them or keep it stock? I will be using this gun as a CCW and need it to be reliable.

I searched the forums already, but if these questions have already been addressed I apologize. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to reading any response.

· Registered
4 Posts
Good choice on your first glock man :)

1. Never used that particular sight, but I use truglo tfx pro and they fit and function flawless.

2. I use the vickers tactical extended slide stop and love it, comes out just enough to aid in slide release, but not too far as to interfere with my kydex holsters. No experience with ghost bullet.

3. I use the double diamond 3.5 lb trigger connecter from glockstore.com and it made a noticeable difference, as well as being very reliable. No problems so far.

Hope this helps :)

· Registered
590 Posts
The sights will work fine.

I recently changed all my Glocks back to the standard slide stop lever. I found there wasn't any value gain in the extended and they have the problem of occasionally getting bumped during fire, either locking the slide back prematurely or preventing it from locking back on the last round.

Since you're new to Glocks, you'll probably find that you shoot left or low left (assuming you're right handed). I'd recommend staying with the stock connector until you've mastered the gun enough to correct this. The lighter trigger pull can cover up poor technique. If you master the technique first then you can get the most from the change to a lighter trigger. You'll also have more experience to decide for yourself which is better for concealed carry

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Good choice on your first glock man :)

1. Never used that particular sight, but I use truglo tfx pro and they fit and function flawless.

2. I use the vickers tactical extended slide stop and love it, comes out just enough to aid in slide release, but not too far as to interfere with my kydex holsters. No experience with ghost bullet.

3. I use the double diamond 3.5 lb trigger connecter from glockstore.com and it made a noticeable difference, as well as being very reliable. No problems so far.

Hope this helps :)
Thank you very much for the response. I'll look at the vickers slide stop again. It is good to know that that it does not interfere with a kydex holster since I just ordered one.

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sights will work fine.

I recently changed all my Glocks back to the standard slide stop lever. I found there wasn't any value gain in the extended and they have the problem of occasionally getting bumped during fire, either locking the slide back prematurely or preventing it from locking back on the last round.

Since you're new to Glocks, you'll probably find that you shoot left or low left (assuming you're right handed). I'd recommend staying with the stock connector until you've mastered the gun enough to correct this. The lighter trigger pull can cover up poor technique. If you master the technique first then you can get the most from the change to a lighter trigger. You'll also have more experience to decide for yourself which is better for concealed carry
Thanks for the advice. I think it will be best to hold off on both until I am sure my grip wont interfere with a slide stop lever and my trigger control is consistent.
Thanks for mentioning the idea of mastering technique. A Glock, being different than what I have trained with in the past, may indeed require new muscle memory and I hadn't thought about it. I'll make sure my fundamentals are squared away before making alterations. Do you have an opinion about these parts causing reliability issues?

I am right handed, and I'll be paying attention to where my rounds hit during live fire. I have not noticed a big difference in dry training after the first half hour or so.

Thanks again, and I love the quote you have under your post about a well polished trigger.

· Registered
590 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I think it will be best to hold off on both until I am sure my grip wont interfere with a slide stop lever and my trigger control is consistent.
Thanks for mentioning the idea of mastering technique. A Glock, being different than what I have trained with in the past, may indeed require new muscle memory and I hadn't thought about it. I'll make sure my fundamentals are squared away before making alterations. Do you have an opinion about these parts causing reliability issues?

I am right handed, and I'll be paying attention to where my rounds hit during live fire. I have not noticed a big difference in dry training after the first half hour or so.

Thanks again, and I love the quote you have under your post about a well polished trigger.
Unusual to have reliability issues with changing slide stop levers unless there's just something wrong with it's spring or the thumbs are bumping it.

The Glock minus connector is always reliable. Typically the most common issues with changing connectors/triggers are related to those that reduce pre-travel or over-travel. Whenever you try to remove some of the tolerances from a Glock you increase the chances for the system to fail. I would never use a system that removes pre/post travel on a SD gun.

Lately, I've been seeing posts from shooters having issues with Ghost Edge connectors, which is probably the most common reduced weight connector. I'm really surprised and wonder if Ghost just had a bad production run. I'd stick with the Glock minus connector.

Every now and then I'll drop a NY1 or NY2 spring in a Glock and head to the range. If there's anything off with technique those ungodly trigger springs will expose it :D

· Registered
2 Posts
Hello, I am new to the forum but felt compelled to ask a couple things in this thread as well. I work at a local gun store and had been eyeballing a G30S for a while and finally bought it for my birthday recently. I am not new to the Glock platform, having owned or currently owning all the common models, (17,19,23,20,etc.). However, I seem to have noticed a distinct lack of aftermarket parts for this model. Especially considering that there is plenty available for the 42/43 and even the 36.

I had a spare ghost ultimate connector and vickers slide release so I popped those in and they are working fine, but I am really wanting to find a grip plug, and can't seem to locate one anywhere. Anyone else found one for this gun? Thanks.

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello, I am new to the forum but felt compelled to ask a couple things in this thread as well. I work at a local gun store and had been eyeballing a G30S for a while and finally bought it for my birthday recently. I am not new to the Glock platform, having owned or currently owning all the common models, (17,19,23,20,etc.). However, I seem to have noticed a distinct lack of aftermarket parts for this model. Especially considering that there is plenty available for the 42/43 and even the 36.

I had a spare ghost ultimate connector and vickers slide release so I popped those in and they are working fine, but I am really wanting to find a grip plug, and can't seem to locate one anywhere. Anyone else found one for this gun? Thanks.
I do not think anyone makes a grip plug for the 30S. You are right that there seems to be less support for the 30S.
I've found that many manufactures of parts know which of their products work reliably in the 30S if you call them and ask specific questions, but the product descriptions on their websites do not list the 30S as a compatible model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.