G30

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by bmg30, Jun 17, 2012.

1. bmg30

bmg30 New Member

When cleaning my 30 the other day I noticed the guide rod assembly is bent. After re-assembly I realized its out of battery. Could the guide rod assembly being bent be the cause or is there another problem? I would appreciate any advice. I've also ordered a stainless steel replacement as well.

2. lyodbraun

lyodbraun أنا لست ارهابيا

I know on my stock guide rod in my 30sf had a bend to it but never caused any issues, I replaced mine as well with a stainless steel one and have had no issues, maybe post
    some pics of your gun and the RSA ?? so we can get a better idea of whats going on..

3. bmg30

bmg30 New Member

image-3793835207.jpg

image-1271287036.jpg

Does this help

4. bmg30

bmg30 New Member

Just looking for advice

5. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! It you get a chance post a little about yourself in the Introduction section so all the members have a chance to say hello. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

6. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I'd take it apart, clean it, relube it, and then cycle it several times and see if that fixes it. I think my guide rod on my 30 can stick out like that just a bit and I've not had any issues with it. When I get a chance I'll go take a picture of it.

7. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

This is what my old and new DRSA looks like.

Attached Files:

8. bmg30

bmg30 New Member

Thanks that makes me feel a lil bettering planed on getting new RSA anyway. The back of the slid also sticks past the frame a lil about 1/32" also