Glock Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking to get a house gun for our bedroom. Want it suppressed so I don't go deaf shooting it in the middle of the night. Has to be as short as possible (with the can installed) so it is manuverable and easily accessed in my night stand. The shortest threaded barrel I have found in .45 cal is a KKM barrel for a Glock 30/30S. It'll have a laser sight. Anyone here ever hung a can on a 30? I'm interested in what you have to say about.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Unless you are using subsonic loads you will gain more in recoil Reduction than you will in noise reduction IMO. This of course, usually translates to better accuracy, which in an extreme event, is a "good" thing.
Most suppressors are at least five inches in length; to have much decrease in noise and recoil. The reduction in noise is not that in reality that you see in the movies or TV. I would take the money spent for the suppressor and buy ammo to practice with in emergency situations.

My experience has been with a can on my 308 hunting rifle, 300 Black Out AR platform, 260AI hunting rifle and 223 AR. I've not had a lot of luck in getting a whisper quiet report with these calibers even with subs.
Go watch some YouTube on suppressors and you will find most are usually pretty loud if the round is breaking the sound barrier. Only the 22's are usually quiet enough to shoot comfortably without ear protection.

·
Registered
659 Posts
.45 ACP has been heavy and relatively slow from its design; IMHO a great round to suppress. With a little time spent searching YouTube, I'm sure you can find an array of suppressed Glock30 videos.

Here is an old Hickok45 video of a suppressed Glock21:

https://youtu.be/vNV3eFrGJZk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts