Glock Firearms banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there more recoil with the G36 vs the G30?

I have a G36, just curious if a G30 would provide less recoil and be easier to get back on target quicker?

·
1,612 Posts
I doubt it, it is only a few ounces heavier. Unless the grip feels too small on the G36, the G30 would fill you hand better, maybe.

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
I was lucky enough to try out both (before I purchased one) at a local range to see if there was really any difference. There was a little difference in the felt recoil but not enough for me to totally disregard the G36 as one of my choices.

For me it just came down to the round capacity of the G30. I'm a sucker for a double stack mag!:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Possibly a bit tangential but, I think Glock screwed up a bit with the 36. Though thinner, the barrel is the same length as a 30. I often carry in pocket and, if the pocket is deep enough that's where my 30 lives. Other times, when the pocket is a bit shallower and the clothes lighter - in Florida - I carry an AMT backup 45 since it's just that much smaller. If Glock had made the 36 with a 3" barrel instead of the 3.78", the fit would be great and they would have the almost unbeatable personal carry weapon for non-LEO (or LEO backup) use. I say almost because a short 30 would be the best.

As far as the original question is concerned, there should not be much difference, if any, in felt recoil because of the grip design. The major mass difference is near the pivot/fulcrum point; the barrel is the same. So, the only difference one should feel is straight line front to rear: I can't see how it would flip more. Many people say the 30 is the ideal weapon and I would not disagree. Some even prefer it to the 21. (I have a 21SF, 30sf and a 30. I carry the early 3rd gen 30 - double pin but no rail - the most)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts