Glock Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
52,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 30 SF yesterday,when I load the magazines to capacity (10), the magazine will not go into the firearm, but if I put 9 rounds in there, it goes in fine?

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
The magazine is new, just store 10 rounds in it for a week or two, the spring will soften up then you'll be fine.

With new mags I just slap it in when I'm using 10 rounds.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
glock26USMC said:
Bought a 30 SF yesterday,when I load the magazines to capacity (10), the magazine will not go into the firearm, but if I put 9 rounds in there, it goes in fine?

Anyone else have this issue?
Common issue with the G30, as stated put 10 in and let sit, will eventually soften up, or use 9 rounds and shoot it a few times, eventually it will accept the 10th round, it's just a stiff spring and really isn't anything to be alarmed about :)

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Happysniper1 said:
Random question: will a G30 magazine fit in a G30SF?
Good question and honestly never thought about that before, I'm assuming it will fit and that the SF is due to a reduced area behind the mag well where some people put those plugs... Just my guess/assumption :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Also a G21 mag will fit into the G30sf as well. I too have the same issue with my 30sf and I insert the full mag into the mag well with the slide back and then rack it. I is a lot smoother that way. Hope that helps.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
14,133 Posts
My 2 cents...

Random question: will a G30 magazine fit in a G30SF?
Yes...a G30 and a G21 mag will work in a G21SF and the G30SF...I know, I own one.

Additionally...

All Gen 4 mags will function in all previous Gen Glocks with the caveat that if a Gen 4

Glock user switches the mag release button from the left to the right side for left handed

operation, they can only use the current Gen 4 mags...all other Gen mags will not work at that point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts