g30 question

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by kulok77, Jun 14, 2012.

1. kulok77

kulok77 New Member

My uncle who got a new g30.he is a first time Glock owner. when the mag is pushed up in the gun it won't seat,or click locked in without some force.I took slide off and inserted mag with no issue.

2. gen4_G21

gen4_G21 New Member

Loaded mag?
    My G21 was like that when I got it.. With having a fully loaded mag, the slide in the forward position. It was a little tough to put in. I've shot a few hundred rounds and I don't have that issue anymore. I would think its just bc it's a new gun.
    I still ha e to press a little harder but not as much. Now with the slide back, it just goes right in. I always keep one chambered so when I go to load it most of the time my slide is in the rear position anyway.

3. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

My g30 was the same way. Its normal for the mag to have tension. Just leave the mags loaded so they can break in.

4. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Normal for a new mag spring. It will loosen up a bit in time.

5. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

Ditto on the new mag spring. You might drop a round out of the mag & try it that way. Just to reassure yourself that is is just a tight spring. With one round out it should have a different feel, & snap in a bit easier.

6. kulok77

kulok77 New Member

Yes the mag is fully loaded.

7. gen4_G21

gen4_G21 New Member

Just the mag.

I think my next Glock will be the 30.

8. Hurricane460

Hurricane460 Glock Doc..

Its just new. Shoot it a couple hundred times and it will loosen up.

9. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Trying to sell my G23G4 to a guy at work so I can purchase a G30SF. :) hope it works out.

10. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

My 30 still does that. Everyone that owns one will tell you its probably the most pain in the ass to pop the mag in, and that first rack is a bit tough too. But the gun overcomes that one flaw in all other aspects. I carry condition 1 so I'm not fighting the mag and rack anyway when I need it.

11. kulok77

kulok77 New Member

I shall pass on this info,thanks

12. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Good luck!

13. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Thank you!

14. ADulay

ADulay New Member

Hmm, just read this thread on the G30 (my daily carry) and finally tried to "force" the full 10 rounds in the magazine.

I don't think I'll be doing that again.

Very hard to get the last bullet in, but it went.

Very difficult to get the first bullet to go into battery!

Finally decided that 8 or 9 in the mag and one in the pipe is still the best way to go. I've never had a problem with it loaded like that.

AD

15. browntailguy

browntailguy New Member

Andy

Just returned from front sight training with fellow upsers. J wilder, t keating, j stanfield, and others. Instructors recommend not fully loading magazines. A couple people there that did when required to do tactical reload didn't get the mag seated and it fell to the ground. Oops.

Enjoying retirement I hope?

M woodward

16. kulok77

kulok77 New Member

so when loading mags would it be best to load 1 or 2 shy.

17. ADulay

ADulay New Member

Yes, retirement is most excellent. I can heartily recommend it!

Most of my shooting now is IDPA. We get a weekly shoot out of it so I'm a happy camper!

Didn't know Wilder. Keating was a 100% standup guy. I'll keep my Stanfield comments to myself because I'm a country gentleman.

I alternate the G30 and G34 at the IDPA shoots.

Say hello to any and all who won't turn colors when they hear my name again!!

AD

18. browntailguy

browntailguy New Member

Only 16 years to go. Ouch that hurts. Oh well that will allow me to buy more guns

19. Wrong thread?!

When considering the mag fully loaded, you can still +1 manually before inserting the mag. May or may not have a battery issue when loading the first round from the mag after shooting the +1. A trip to the range will solve that unknown, and if all works out you have one more round! Many people consider that a psychological advantage.

20. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

All my Glock Mags I can load and run fully loaded with out any problems. Now when The AWB was passed there weren't very many G21 13 round mags out there and Gun Stores were charging $100.00 a Mag I was able to find some aftermarket mags for $19.99 a Mag and snagged up all they had which was 5 or 6 of them. Now they have problems being loaded up to the full 15 round capacity (+2 ext came with it) But it seems to not like more than 13 in them and that goes for all 5 or 6 of them. But yeah you need to check out all the mags you have and make sure what they will work with. BTW I try to use nothing but my After Market Mags for most of my range time as I want to keep my Glock Mags in like new shape for as long as I can.