Glock Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Administrator
52,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have a G26 Gen 4, however I am looking at going to a .45. Was curious of the two weapons listed, which one would you guys prefer?

I'm kinda leaning towards the G30, but any suggestions and advice would work!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
511 Posts
G30
Accuracy - power - speed

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Currently have a G26 Gen 4, however I am looking at going to a .45. Was curious of the two weapons listed, which one would you guys prefer?

Thanks in advance!
I would think your training as a Marine might help you better than we can. You know best of all how they feel, fit and operate for you better than we can determine. You know why you would rather have one over the other and what it wll be used for.

I say but the 30 and keep them both IMHO. And yes, I am assuming you have pleanty of time around firearms with USMC in your avatar.

·
Administrator
52,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G-23 said:
I would think your training as a Marine might help you better than we can. You know best of all how they feel, fit and operate for you better than we can determine. You know why you would rather have one over the other and what it wll be used for.

I say but the 30 and keep them both IMHO. And yes, I am assuming you have pleanty of time around firearms with USMC in your avatar.

Yes I have used many firearms in the corp, and also as a LEO, however I have never fired or handled a G30 or G36 which this thread is about, and that's why I am asking !!!

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
From what I've heard between the two, the slightly smaller frame you get not he 36 is not worth sacrificing 4 rounds of capacity. Also accessories have been reported as harder to find as its a frame all to itself. I haven't seen any 30 owner, which I am one of, do anything short of worship this gun for its accuracy and power in such a small frame. I'm not knocking the 36 but the 30 just seemed a better fit to me.

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
Webphisher said:
From what I've heard between the two, the slightly smaller frame you get not he 36 is not worth sacrificing 4 rounds of capacity. Also accessories have been reported as harder to find as its a frame all to itself. I haven't seen any 30 owner, which I am one of, do anything short of worship this gun for its accuracy and power in such a small frame. I'm not knocking the 36 but the 30 just seemed a better fit to me.
+1, same exact reasons i got a 30 instead of 36

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
G36 owner. Wished I had gotten a G30sf. Will change the G36 for either a G30sf or a G26 latter this year.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Yes I have used many firearms in the corp, and also as a LEO, however I have never fired or handled a G30 or G36 which this thread is about, and that's why I am asking !!!
Well I guess until you can get your hands on a skinnier 36 or fatboy 30 the truth will be in the puddin, as Granny used to say.

I really enjoyed my Colt in the Navy but it was just too big and heavy for me to carry concealed. Besides, in this enviorment (SC) sweat was brutal on the finish.

I think folks with big hands have a better chance of enjoying the 30 more. I don't own either but have shot both. I liked the 36 but the bummer was a lower round count for me.

I can get 13 rounds of .40 for the same weight of a 36 with 6 rounds I believe. No contest for all day carry.

·
Administrator
52,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well after doing a little research and Internet reviews, I am sticking with my 26, it has been a great weapon for accuracy and reliability and loaded with Speer Gold Dot 124+p, I feel like it is a force to be reckon with.

·
Administrator
52,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Take that back, went to the range and rented a G30, what a beast, I think it is in my near future!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have both the G36/30. I also have the G23 and 27.

G36: Single Stack 45 ACP, 6+1, Accurate and reliable.
Pros: Thinner and lighter, Fits a G23/27 IWB holster, Tuckable in an IWB holster
Cons: Lower capacity, no other magazines work with this

G30: Double Stack, 10+1, Most accurate, Reliable,
Pros: Less recoil (thicker grip), can accomodate the Glock 21 Magazines, Higher capacity
Cons: Heavier, Needs own holster (doesn't work with my 23/27/36 holster), thicker, only ideal for untucked shirt for me

To me, I feel more confident with the G30 regarding accuracy and capacity. I will occasionally carry a G21 magazine for a backup. I need to use a thick and heavy duty belt or it will weigh my pants down. I carry my thinner guns like the 23/27/36 during the warmer months.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Take that back, went to the range and rented a G30, what a beast, I think it is in my near future!
Well, now ya know!
I forgot to mention earlier, "Thanks for your servicein the Mens Dept of the Navy!":D
Retired BMCS(DV)

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
Well, now ya know!
I forgot to mention earlier, "Thanks for your servicein the Mens Dept of the Navy!":D
Retired BMCS(DV)
Scope dope to the Boats...:D you're welcome.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
Wow tough crowd..... I have thick skin I can take it...... Ooooorah !
If it wasn't for the Navy, you'd guys would drown trying to walk on water.:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Webphisher said:
Go with how u feel. I use the 36 for CCW love the 45 . It's all about 1911 here. Always used it well fit right!

·
Registered
367 Posts

Thanks in advance!
How about both? :)
Depending on how you like the grip (on the 36) I'd recommend talon grips and a plus zero magazine/grip extension. The 36 pretty fits in many compact and sub compact holsters too.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts