G30 or G36

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by LT2108, Mar 22, 2012.

1. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    Currently have a G26 Gen 4, however I am looking at going to a .45. Was curious of the two weapons listed, which one would you guys prefer?

I'm kinda leaning towards the G30, but any suggestions and advice would work!

Thanks in advance!

2. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

G30
    Accuracy - power - speed

3. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

I would think your training as a Marine might help you better than we can. You know best of all how they feel, fit and operate for you better than we can determine. You know why you would rather have one over the other and what it wll be used for.

I say but the 30 and keep them both IMHO. And yes, I am assuming you have pleanty of time around firearms with USMC in your avatar.

4. LT2108

Ohio

Yes I have used many firearms in the corp, and also as a LEO, however I have never fired or handled a G30 or G36 which this thread is about, and that's why I am asking !!!

5. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

From what I've heard between the two, the slightly smaller frame you get not he 36 is not worth sacrificing 4 rounds of capacity. Also accessories have been reported as harder to find as its a frame all to itself. I haven't seen any 30 owner, which I am one of, do anything short of worship this gun for its accuracy and power in such a small frame. I'm not knocking the 36 but the 30 just seemed a better fit to me.

6. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

+1, same exact reasons i got a 30 instead of 36

7. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

G36 owner. Wished I had gotten a G30sf. Will change the G36 for either a G30sf or a G26 latter this year.

8. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Well I guess until you can get your hands on a skinnier 36 or fatboy 30 the truth will be in the puddin, as Granny used to say.

I really enjoyed my Colt in the Navy but it was just too big and heavy for me to carry concealed. Besides, in this enviorment (SC) sweat was brutal on the finish.

I think folks with big hands have a better chance of enjoying the 30 more. I don't own either but have shot both. I liked the 36 but the bummer was a lower round count for me.

I can get 13 rounds of .40 for the same weight of a 36 with 6 rounds I believe. No contest for all day carry.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  9. LT2108

Ohio
    Well after doing a little research and Internet reviews, I am sticking with my 26, it has been a great weapon for accuracy and reliability and loaded with Speer Gold Dot 124+p, I feel like it is a force to be reckon with.

10. LT2108

Ohio
    Take that back, went to the range and rented a G30, what a beast, I think it is in my near future!

11. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Well-Known Member

I have both the G36/30. I also have the G23 and 27.

G36: Single Stack 45 ACP, 6+1, Accurate and reliable.
    Pros: Thinner and lighter, Fits a G23/27 IWB holster, Tuckable in an IWB holster
    Cons: Lower capacity, no other magazines work with this

G30: Double Stack, 10+1, Most accurate, Reliable,
    Pros: Less recoil (thicker grip), can accomodate the Glock 21 Magazines, Higher capacity
    Cons: Heavier, Needs own holster (doesn't work with my 23/27/36 holster), thicker, only ideal for untucked shirt for me

To me, I feel more confident with the G30 regarding accuracy and capacity. I will occasionally carry a G21 magazine for a backup. I need to use a thick and heavy duty belt or it will weigh my pants down. I carry my thinner guns like the 23/27/36 during the warmer months.

12. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Well, now ya know!
    I forgot to mention earlier, "Thanks for your servicein the Mens Dept of the Navy!":D
    Retired BMCS(DV)

13. Kmurray96

Scope dope to the Boats...:D you're welcome.

14. LT2108

Ohio
    Wow tough crowd..... I have thick skin I can take it...... Ooooorah !

15. Kmurray96

If it wasn't for the Navy, you'd guys would drown trying to walk on water.:)

16. Lro

Lro New Member

Go with how u feel. I use the 36 for CCW love the 45 . It's all about 1911 here. Always used it well fit right!

17. LT2108

Ohio
    I went with the 30SF !! Bought it this morning.

18. Tillerman

Tillerman New Member

Yeah buddy! Great choice. :)

19. Glock19

Glock19 New Member

How about both? :)
    Depending on how you like the grip (on the 36) I'd recommend talon grips and a plus zero magazine/grip extension. The 36 pretty fits in many compact and sub compact holsters too.