Glock Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am recently new to Glocks (mainly a Walther P99 guy due to grip size) and since recently getting a G26 I have gone Glock crazy I guess....I want a G30sf since I prefer the grip size better but will the new Gen 4 G30 be the exact size/smaller than the SF. I don't want to order one if it is any larger than the SF. I like the mag release on the Gen 4 but other than that it's not a big deal. So, go with the G30sf or Gen 4 G30?

Thanks!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
Gen4 is the way to go.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum ncglock!! Enjoy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, looking forward to some good forum
Discussion! So the Gen 4 30 is the same size as the 30sf?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,457 Posts
I just got my SF I was informed the Gen4 when ever it ls released to the public will be same as the sf u just be able to make grin thicker like u can on the other gen4's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what I had hoped just in case I couldn't find a SF locally. I heard they were shipping out the Gen 4's now but I haven't seen any.

Thanks!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,214 Posts
The grip texture is different and is what I like on the Gen4 pistols.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,457 Posts
ncglock said:
That's what I had hoped just in case I couldn't find a SF locally. I heard they were shipping out the Gen 4's now but I haven't seen any.

Thanks!
I just got got my sf last Friday and I had 2 well known dealers say they are not getting any 30g4's only police have them now
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
I just got got my sf last Friday and I had 2 well known dealers say they are not getting any 30g4's only police have them now
I bought and then traded a G30 Gen 4 in Florida 5 months ago.:confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,457 Posts
dutchs said:
I bought and then traded a G30 Gen 4 in Florida 5 months ago.:confused:
How u get one ?? I worked with 2 diff stores that couldn't get em in my state, only for officers
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,457 Posts
U.S. Headquarters

GLOCK, Inc.
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
USA

Phone:770-432-1202FAX:770-433-8719
For further information on GLOCK pistols, please contact your local GLOCK stocking dealer.


There is been no release to anyone OTHER than (law enforcement). I just called Glock and they said hopefully in next two/three months cuz of the high demand of consumers wanting them...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
How u get one ?? I worked with 2 diff stores that couldn't get em in my state, only for officers
Bought it from my local Gun Store. It didn't like the subcompact size and traded it for a Gen 4 G23. Really, I did. They are out already. They are all the SF, the only difference in size is with the backstraps on or off.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,457 Posts
dutchs said:
Bought it from my local Gun Store. It didn't like the subcompact size and traded it for a Gen 4 G23. Really, I did. They are out already. They are all the SF, the only difference in size is with the backstraps on or off.

Oh I just got the SF. But we're talking about the new Gen4 lol.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
Oh I just got the SF. But we're talking about the new Gen4 lol.
That is what I am talking about. The New Gen 4 is all sf, the size difference comes when you put the backstraps on.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45,457 Posts
dutchs said:
That is what I am talking about. The New Gen 4 is all sf, the size difference comes when you put the backstraps on.
I guess u got a law enforcement one somehow. I would paid u $200 more than u gave to get my hands on one
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top