G27 w/ 15rd'er and an x-grip

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by voodoo, Apr 27, 2012.

1. So... I picked up a 15rd mag from botach because they have had a pretty good sale going on mags and I went ahead and grabbed an xgrip with it as well...

For starters... It just feels strange but I would imagine its because Ive gotten so use to how my little lady feels in my hand with out the extra 6 rds. Its certainly heavier feeling.

Im curious if anyone else has this set up and has had any range time with it... does it feel terribly different? Do you notice any difference in double taps?

Ill probably hit the range with it this weekend if I can muster the courage after my last range incident.

FWIW... I also ordered a light holder for the mag plate... I miss my tach light on my G17 and without a rail its the best I could come up with.

I figure... when Im carrying it'll be the stock mags with my pinky extensions and when its hanging on my headboard in a mic... she will be packing 15 with my nighttime flashlight attached.

We will see how it goes.

2. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

3. Yeah. I'm an idiot. I'll update the op with a picture tonight. I went to Ikea last night and was too exhausted to grab my phone for a picture after I loaded it and played with it for a while.

It doesn't look near a pretty with the giant handle and shorter barrel but I can kill 8 zombies now and still use rule number 2... Double tap.

4. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I have a similar set up but with a G23mag I'll post pictures later on today. Shoots the same just more rounds.

5. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Here's my G27G4 with a 13 round mag!

Attached Files:

6. Blades

Blades Senior Member

I had an A&G on my G21 magazine for my G30, but I just didn't care for it. I want to try the XGrip; the "softer, gentler magazine sleeve", but they don't have one for the G21 magazine, at least not in the "Glock Store" catalog. I might try to make my own with some F-4 tape.

7. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

Looks sweet! I might be opting for a 27 but I'm not fully decided yet.

8. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I love mine. I carry it 95% of the time conceals really well. I also have a 23 but my 27 is a lot easier for me to conceal in the warmer months.

9. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

I'm really inclined towards one. But I'm still considering the m&p 40c or m&p 9 shield as well. I'm partial to Glock but I want to be open minded. Lol

10. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

Yeah I'm really leaning to the M&P Shield I'll most likely get it in .40

11. Sorry. Forgot to post pics. Here she is in all her glory.

Attached Files:

12. bfish

bfish Member

Looks good. I have a 27 and my buddy who does also has the same xgrip for it and it certainly does make the gun a lot more controlable when shooting that is for sure. I just don't think ill get one just because I won't carry it so ill stay with the 9rnd even if its a tougher shooter... Have you shot yours yet?

13. Not yet... taking it for a spin on Saturday. Im pretty good with the factory mags so Im not expecting much of a change but, we will see though. I use a +0 pinky extension on my factory mags though.

My spares all have +2 and I now have this little +6er.

14. NickRummy

NickRummy New Member

Hey Voodoo,

Sorry to bring up an old thread but this is exact info I was searching for. I have a handful of 9 round mags for my Gen 4 G27. I bought it used and it came with a 13 round mag from I believe a G23. I hated how it hung below the grip so bought an X grip. It hasn't showed up yet but the more reading I do the more I'm thinking it won't work with the 13 round mag. Looks like it's meant for the 15 or 17 round G22 mag?

Can you shed any light on options? I don't want to go out and buy a bunch of mags I won't need. I am interested in the light mount and light you are using too. Looks like a great option for the extended mag for home defense.

Thanks in advance.

15. Kilroy13

Kilroy13 LSU Alumnus

LSU
    They make xgrips for both mags. The difference is in the description of the x grip product. 26-27 is for the FULL sized 17-22 mags. The "26-27C" is meant to be used with your 23 or 19 mag. I have both xgrips and use them all the time :D

16. NickRummy

NickRummy New Member

I ordered the 26-27 xgrip so I guess that means I need to find a G22 mag.

If I would have ordered a 26-27c xgrip I could have used it on my 13 round G23 mag.

17. Kilroy13

Kilroy13 LSU Alumnus

LSU
    See this is a pic with my 27 and a 13rd glock 23 mag

Attached Files:

18. NickRummy

NickRummy New Member

Do you have one with the 15?

Edit: the pic at the top of this page is a 15 correct?

Does the 26-27 xgrip work with 15 and 17 round G22 mags or just the 15?

Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  19. Kilroy13

Kilroy13 LSU Alumnus

LSU
    He standard capacity for a glock 22 mag is 15 rounds. For the glock 17 9mm it's 17 rounds. A glock 22 mag that holds 17 rounds would have to use an extended baseplate on the magazine. Because if that. Yes the xgrip should still fit.