G27 G4 or G27

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by Gocards88, Jun 26, 2012.

1. I'm needing help with deciding which G27 is the better choice I'm freaking going mental trying to decide for myself.. I'm needing you're opinions on the choice

2. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

What's keeping you from deciding? I personally prefer the gen 4's grip texture and ambi mag release feature. But in FDE colorway of course.

3. Well I just gave my mother my G27 but I loved it so so much and I'm going to pick up a new one and it's tough reading about things on the gen4 that's happened with it. But all current info on the gen 4 says how great it is and plus for $11 more the gen4 comes with extra mag and speed loader. My gun shop has both so it's hard cause my old one was so perfect

4. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Same here - read the same but if memory serves me correctly it's more isolated with the 9mm experiencing the issues.

5. Thanks for ur advise, I'm going use it and any others I get. I just want to make sure before I spend $525 and tax

6. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Is that price for gen 4? Local or online?

7. That's the price at my local store in Kentucky.. I thought it was priced right considering my Ruger SR40c was $408

8. chillie

chillie New Member

I own a G27. I love it! My only dislike is I wish the factory mag release was larger like on the Gen4. Aside from that issue there was not enough difference between the two for me to spend to more money! Either choice you cannot go wrong with!! Whatever you choose we'd love to see pics!!!

9. mikecu

mikecu New Member

I like the smaller frame size of the Gen 4 better. The back straps allow you to customize the fit to your hand.

10. Not sure what prices are now but I joined GSSF a couple years ago before I was going to buy and got a Blue Line(comes with 3 mags) G26 for $485 out the door, tax, TIC fee and everything. You might want to check into GSSF first, you'd have to join for two years now in order to get the certificate for gun purchase but still, it'd save you quite a bit and you can take the Glock Armorer's School and get free work done on your Glock at GSSF events. Just a thought.

11. lonnylong

lonnylong New Member

I just bought a G27 Gen 4 at Cabelas for $600, case with 3 mags. It is a sweet little gun. Also got the Blackhawk Serpa holster. Very satisfied.

12. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

How about some pictures for the Glock Photos thread!!!

13. lonnylong

lonnylong New Member

When I get home tonight, still have to work, ammo is damn expensive LOL!

14. OUCH!!, why did it cost so much.:confused: I'm sure you can still get these through the GSSF Gun Cert. Program for a lot less then $600. Even paying $60 for a two year membership to GSSF so you'll get your certificate to purchase a gun you'd be way under $600. Like I said, I got my G26 with 3 mags OUT THE DOOR for $485, that was in January of 2010 but I'm sure the GSSF membership gun prices haven't gone up that much.

Hit the link, download the .pdf and you'll see that you can get a G27, Gen 4 for $425, of course you'll have to add tax and whatever your NCIS fee is(ours is $10 bucks here in Tennessee) but still, way under $600.
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...IQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNEc2xGLLdMIzVrqQkryHgBfS6-zPw

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  15. lonnylong

lonnylong New Member

Ouch is right, my G23 Gen4 was also $600. Did you get 3 mags? I know another who also bought a 27 at a local firearms shop and paid $600.

16. henerey

henerey New Member

I see the for around $540 at like every shop I go to maybe it was 600 because he got it there chain store like the can set a higher price because a average guy who want a gun will most of the time go to a store like that now knowing any better

17. Here is my new babies i bought today

Attached Files:

18. All the GSSF guns are Blue Line guns(i.e. LEO) and come with 3 mags. Hit the link and you'll see what the Certificate price is on this and other guns. Most of the "Standard" Glocks like the 17,19, 16, 22,23,ect run $425, that's 2011 prices, not sure if they've went up for 2012 but if they have it's not going to be by much.
    GSSF is one of the best Clubs going for those of us who love our Glocks. Not only can you buy one gun a year at LEO Discount prices with the GSSF certificate you can get Certified Armorers to work on and fix your guns at GSSF events and IIRC you can even take the course and become a Certified Glock Armorer too. Soon as I can afford it I'm going to join back up.

19. dogfan85

dogfan85 New Member

New to the forum but saw your note. I looked st the 27 Gen4 today at Ed Pawn in Stockbridge GA. They are one of the largest GLOCK distributors. With the GSSF discount, the 27 was $428!. Add the cost of the 2 year membership of $60 and your still below $500. Seems like a great deal.

20. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome dogfan!! Maybe you could drop by the Intro. section and tell us a bit about you and your glock? Enjoy!