Glock Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased my first glock this weekend- a G26. Any holster recommendations for women?

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hello, NurseKJ, and WELCOME the for Forum!

My wife is an RN, although she does not carry a Glock, she basically adopted my Walther PPK/S which is her prime carry, in a nylon holster we attached inside her handbag, and has an AMT Backup .22LR in an ankle holster (their uniforms are scubs, so loose pants is always the rule).

BTW, with srubs, you can plan on IWB (in the waistband) or OWB (outside the waistband) as desired. Are you a leftie or a rightie?

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum nursekj !!

Not to be too personal, but women, for the most part,

use OWB (outside the waistband) instead of IWB (inside the waistband)

due to their build. I would recommend going to a gun shop or two

and asking for assistance...letting them know which Glock you have and take it from there...

Hope that helps...holsters and how they fit are very personal...depending on individual preferences.

Men will tell you, we collect holsters until we find the right one...!

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Men will tell you, we collect holsters until we find the right one...!
yesyesyes! :D

If it helps any, my wife is 5'0" 125lbs. Sometimes, mostly in winter when I carry the G30, she will try my G26 in OWB style in Blackhawk Serpa holster, but more often than not it's the PPK/S in her handbag with the .22 on her ankle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm right handed and I do wear scrubs a lot but mostly that is just a string for a waistband but they are loose fitting. I can't take it into the hospital but I can take it into my workplace (with owner's permission) since I work in a small private medical office. I have never carried in my purse, I was always discouraged to do so since it was not as easily accessible as having it on your person. BUT, I always have my handbag on my hand or shoulder and it would be well concealed but it would have to be attached to the side or I would never find it. :confused: Maybe I will rethink the ankle holster since my scrubs are quite long and loose fitting. Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I just purchased my first glock this weekend- a G26. Any holster recommendations for women?
From other post it sounds like you'll need a couple.

But the good advice here is the same. You'll have to search for one that matches your contour for wearing on the hip and is "comfortable and easy to draw from."

Also and formost with Glock pistol: Get a holster that completely encases the trigger for concealled carry and purse carry. The number 1 safety is your brain. #2, the trigger, so protect that.

Welcome to the Glock Forum.

·
Banned
6 Posts
If an attacker comes for a woman, chances are they also take the handbags. So, ditch the handbag idea:). Also, what's the big idea with carrying at work? If you were to carry out of work, try a few cheap options because you won't know what you prefer unless you try. I too carry a G26, no frills just a stock glock:). My suggestion is try cheaperthandirt.com and look for an inexpensive inside the waistband holster by a company called ACE I think. It's a faux leather holster and it's ten bucks! If you hate it, it's ten bucks lost:). http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZAA796-1.html, try that.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I have a carry purse for certain situations but am also getting a "Betty". Its an IWB holster designed by the Flashbang holster folks for women. It's supposed to fit our curves better and has an adjustable cant. You can get it for a G26. It runs about $40.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Happysniper1 said:
I've heard about those! <evil grin>
They work well from the reviews I've seen. And aren't uncomfortable. But talk about a surprise to some poor unsuspecting guy. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wear a crossbreed supertuck iwb and it works well. Invest in a good holster, modify your uniforms to allow you to wear a belt. Concealed carry is a lifestyle change.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
They work well from the reviews I've seen. And aren't uncomfortable. But talk about a surprise to some poor unsuspecting guy. :)
Yeah, no kidding! We demonstrate many holster choices in our FA classes, and a couple of times we had a lady model the Flashbang for the class. It opened eyes! Tell you what, nobody fell asleep after that! :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
There's a few demo videos on YouTube of the Flashbang.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw6AgnYz5To&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Happysniper1 said:
Yeah, no kidding! We demonstrate many holster choices in our FA classes, and a couple of times we had a lady model the Flashbang for the class. It opened eyes! Tell you what, nobody fell asleep after that! :D
Bet not! :)

We ladies need our options.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts