G26 Recoil Spring

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by dslmac2, Mar 16, 2012.

1. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Will a G26 Gen4 Recoil Spring work in a Gen3 G26??
    That is all the GlockStore.com shows for Glock 26 Recoil Spring, so I am think, Yes!?

:confused:

2. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    Yes they did not change from the Gen 3 to the Gen 4 in the sub compact models they exactly the same.

When you go to the 19 and 17 that is where the difference comes in (dual recoil spring)

3. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Great News, thanks

4. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

S I found a local range that sells OEM Glock 26 recoil spring and am about to drive there to get one. Is there another brand that has been found to be better for about the same price? ($15) I found a competition one online but it was $70.

5. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I'm confused, do you need a new RSA, or are you thinking there is a difference between what you have in the gen 3?

Edit: stick with the stock spring. Your just wasting your money on anything else.

6. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

I just need a new one. My current one seems bent and does not stay in place. So I will just get a Normal glock one. What is the life of a recoil spring. How many rounds.

7. Glocked

Glocked New Member

I have new stainless steel RSAs for my 30 and 22 coming in the mail. I'm anxious to see that little but of shiny steel sticking out at the muzzle.