G26 or G27

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by jrlusmc, Jun 13, 2012.

1. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

Have a g23 already what are your opinions on either a g26 or g27? The 27 makes sense but the 26 would be something different and we all like choices when it comes to glocks!

2. elroyyboy

elroyyboy Ruthless Overlord

I like to have the same caliber/platform for all carry weapons. It's a personal preference but I don't feel as if I'm proficient enough to go between 2 calibers.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting Member

Moved thread to "Which Glock Should I Get" sub forum...

4. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

That's another point in favor of the 27, just don't know if I want to have something different just because haha!

5. mikecu

mikecu New Member

I'm all for the idea of having the same caliber.

TWENTY SEVEN

Or if you are leaning towards the 9mm, it should be easy to trade your 23 for a 19.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  6. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

I love my 23! I think I am gonna get a 27 then just save up to keep adding to my glollection

7. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I own a 27 gen. 3, and am soon going to pick up a 23. Can't beat that 23 clips fit 27, and especially if you plan to carry both together. I love my 27, and have shot a few 23's. I can't wait to get a 23, so I can carry both. Like posted before, if you really want 9mm trade 23 for 19. Then get 26. Just my opinion.

8. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

I agree guess I will be starting a collection!!!!!

9. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

That's the way it is!
    Get the G27 now to go with your G23, then later on get both the G19 and a G26.

10. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

Yup that's the plan!

11. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

I have the 22, 19 and just purchased the 27. My plan is to buy the 40 to 9 conversion barrels in order to have both the 9mm and 40 S&W.
    I would trade my 19 for a 23 in a heartbeat just to stay with my above plan.

12. Glock897

Glock897 Member

9mm ammo is cheaper.

13. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

The 23 is more funner! , Well, since I have one!!:D

14. Josejalapeno

Josejalapeno New Member

I love my G27 G4. It is my every day carry,bring everywhere gun. I am happy I did the .40, great bang for the buck.

15. G27 - I would not stake my life on a 9mm.

16. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

IMHO if cost is an issue and you enjoy plinking/training & maybe perhaps competing, cost of ammo comes in to play. I have all 9mm and contemplating jumping to .40 cal for variety and if by chance a caliber gets depleted and/or back ordered I have options. Another option is a .40 to 9mm conversion barrel to save some pennies in consumables.

17. BangBangBahamian

BangBangBahamian New Member

Today's modern ballistics tests show that premium +p ammo is on par with .40 caliber ammo. The most important factor is the penetration of the round. I hardly think police depts such as NYPD would equip their officers with ineffective 9mm's.

18. scottaf68

scottaf68 New Member

I have all three of the Glocks you mentioned plus more - on my nightstand the Glock 23 with flash light - night sights and laser. In my truck the 27. The 26 is one of my hidden weapons in the house. So I would say the 27!!! One of my favorite guns!

19. Burrito

Burrito New Member

I don't see how anybody could say I would not trust my life on a 9mm when the nervous system has no concept of caliber size. I my self have a 23 that I am totally in love with. However I do own a kahr cm9 that u carry on extremely hot days. I can hide it under a wife beater no problem, and definitely have no doubt that the "little" 9mm round would do its job just fine if it was ever to be called in to work.

20. Glock897

Glock897 Member

Why do some people act like using 9mm is the equivalent using a pebble and a slingshot? NONSENSE!
    I trust my 9mm, .380, and .32 with my life.