G26 Extended Slide Stop Release

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by SuperFlyTNT, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Any recommendations?

2. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to Glock Forum! Great community here. Someone will be along shortly to help you out.
    Please take a minute and go to the introduction forum, tell us a little bit about yourself and what you shoot, and maybe share a pic ot two.

3. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Recommendations for what? Whether you should get one, Where to buy One, What brand to get?

I have the Glock OEM Extended slide stop on my G22, I love it! Unfortunately, I do not have extended slide stop levers for the G36, but Glockmiester does.

4. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

If you're going to carry IWB I would recommend the OEM SSL. It's lower profile, than lets say a Vickers.

5. Just a little clarification: 1) Brand
    2) Where to purchase

6. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

7. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

Oh wait!!!! G26 not G36.... I have those. The G36 is different then the others...

8. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

$17 plus shipping FYI...

9. Thanks for info...much appreciated.

10. Bammustafa

Bammustafa New Member

I like having it on mine.

image-2773476681.jpg

11. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Nothing fancy and does the job:
    [​IMG]

12. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Hey SG - any chance you can post a pic of the gun w/ said lever? Looks nice. Does it protrude a lot?

13. MarkEricFreburg

MarkEricFreburg New Member

Ohio
    Stick to the stock slide lock. Release the slide by pulling the slide to the rear and you won't need anything extended. A G26 is not the pistol for an extended slide lock.

14. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Mark can you please expand on your reply regarding extended lever on a G26? You got me thinking I'm ccw'ing incorrectly.

15. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

The glock pistol was designed with out a "slide release". It has a slide stop to hold the slide back. It was never meant to be used to release the slide. To properly release the slide all you need to do is rack the slide. However, I got the extended slide stop to better enable me to lock the slide back, because I was having problems doing so. The extended slide stop gives me more leverage to do this safely and effectively. It is a preference, if you use the slide stop to release the slide, you won't damage your gun, but you may need to replace the slide stop as it wears down.

16. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Thank you Black! I preach the slingshot method to release the slide as well. But the only reason I opt for the extension on my pistols is because I'm left handed and like you, added leverage.

17. DSCF0008.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

It doesn't stick out that much in my opinion.

18. SuperSport

SuperSport Member

Awesome - much appreciated SG!

19. No problem! The only bad thing so far is that the coating is starting to wear off. That is why it is starting to get shinny.