Glock Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
im so used to callin them clips cuz of my rifles lol. sorry mags lol. but i have cleaned the thing two or three times since i got it. i have only done the drops of oil on the rails in the bottom right hand corner of the frame and oiled and cleaned out the barrel. i will do a more thorough cleaning when i hit bout 100 or 200 rounds through her.

· Banned
255 Posts
glockit1 said:
im so used to callin them clips cuz of my rifles lol. sorry mags lol. but i have cleaned the thing two or three times since i got it. i have only done the drops of oil on the rails in the bottom right hand corner of the frame and oiled and cleaned out the barrel. i will do a more thorough cleaning when i hit bout 100 or 200 rounds through her.
No worries. Clean that thing anyway you like. Or not, it will still serve it's purpose without a hiccup. I spent a good half day at the range before I ever cleaned mine and I'm guessing between what I bought and brought I musta put 800 to 1000 down range before I cleaned it. I was very impressed with how accurate my 30 was. Smiled the whole way home.

· Premium Member
8,784 Posts
Can you elaborate on the "proper way to shoot" and any supporting information along with examples or websites would be a big help
I like to train using the old school "pistol wheel" that identifies what your possible problems are. When I was grouping mags in one particular area with the Glock, but not with my trusty Star, I started to research. Based on that research, I adjusted my trigger finger and my grip style/method.

Here's one place where I got a lot of good info.
http://www.glockfaq.com/content.aspx?ckey=glock_faq_shooting_technique_and_practice

It's a start.

HTH
D

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
thanks guys, i know i aint been here long but its like y'all are family lol. but yea since this is my first gun that i have bought and wanted to buy after i did my research on it, im glad i went with a glock. im also cleanin her as clean as i can since i rarly clean my rifles lol. but so far i love this thing i will never give it up or trade it. now if only my old man will let me load up one of his le/gov use only mags lol. things would be fun as hell lol. since he has a G22. and i think a sig or some other gun thats .40 cal i think. but it looks like a great gun but i would rather take my glock lol. and thanks dwc for the link i will read that here in a sec. also hoping to go shooting with my buddy here tomorow.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.