Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey y'all, just went to the gun shop today during work since i got paid today, and paid my g23 gen 4 off. the gun is now mine. im so stoked, went down to my gf's grandparents's house and shot about 5 or 6 rounds through it for the first time. I LOVE this gun. not much recoil, ammo is a lil expencive but considering what my dad does when he goes and relaxes. I shot magtech through it so far, going to try some federal 155 grain ammo that i got from my local gun shop and might try some wally world ammo. Is there anything that you guys would suggest on doin first on her. im goin to put some white nail polish in the engraved areas. anything else you guys would suggest? thanks for all the help guys im sure i will have more questions later. have a great day, y'all.

Glockit1 a.k.a Justin.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the day i got it i went out and shot five rounds through it. then the next day i went out and got my gun oil, and all the other gun cleanin stuff i need. i cant remember them but i got them lol, all of them where hoppes since thats the only thing my local wally world had at the time since i was at work and wally world was closer than my local gun shop. but the gun i bought was brand spankin new. also as soon as i bought it my local gun shop went and got a new one and of course they went and shot the price up to like 600 or so i cant remember lol. but i went out and shot all three clips today with a mix of magtech and american eagle both 155 grain. i sucked the first 2 mags, but i got it ralled in close to the end of the second clip. but i love this gun and will never shoot this thing again without ears. louder than my rifle that i go huntin with. im also lookin for some good cheap ammo that i can find. but if there are any ppl on this forum that want a glock go out and shoot the g23 at a local range. i never got to shoot this gun until i bought this gun. i love this and i would suggest this gun to anyone who wants a new gun. and yes all to those who said stay safe, im always safe around guns and always make sure of my backstop before i shoot. and i will also get the 9mm conversion as soon as i can offord it. i will also try to get some new sights but the stock ones work well for right now. have a great day everyone.

Glockit1 aka Justin.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea im still learnin how to get the gun under controll but im gettin the hand of it. but considering i have only put three clips and 5 rounds through her so far. but i love it to death and never will sell it no matter what.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
im so used to callin them clips cuz of my rifles lol. sorry mags lol. but i have cleaned the thing two or three times since i got it. i have only done the drops of oil on the rails in the bottom right hand corner of the frame and oiled and cleaned out the barrel. i will do a more thorough cleaning when i hit bout 100 or 200 rounds through her.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
thanks guys, i know i aint been here long but its like y'all are family lol. but yea since this is my first gun that i have bought and wanted to buy after i did my research on it, im glad i went with a glock. im also cleanin her as clean as i can since i rarly clean my rifles lol. but so far i love this thing i will never give it up or trade it. now if only my old man will let me load up one of his le/gov use only mags lol. things would be fun as hell lol. since he has a G22. and i think a sig or some other gun thats .40 cal i think. but it looks like a great gun but i would rather take my glock lol. and thanks dwc for the link i will read that here in a sec. also hoping to go shooting with my buddy here tomorow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.