G23

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by vindicated, Mar 26, 2012.

1. vindicated

vindicated ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hey Everyone,

Vin here. Keith told me to come over here "or else." And I don't think I can handle another picture of him in a dress, so here I am.

Anyway, I'm a new Glock owner. Shot 250 rounds through it without an issue. Love the way it shoots, and for a .40, muzzle flip does not seem to be an issue.

So far I am very impressed. I do not, however, like the plastic sights. They have already rubbed enough in the holster to create a burr at the top of the front sight.

Any who, all is well with it and welcome me to your forum.

K, thanks, bye. :D

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum vindicated !!

Which model Glock do you own...?!

Post some pics when you get a chance too...

( Moved to the Introductions sub forum )

3. Welcome to the Forums Vin, Where are you from?

4. vindicated

vindicated ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks for moving it. :D Definitely was an intro thread.

It's a G23 3rd Gen.

[​IMG]

Riverside, California and thank you for the warm welcome.

With some good advice, it came down to the Glock and the M&P.

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Vindicated, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Nice Glock there, thanks for sharing!

Any plans to make any modifications and/or personalizations?

Cheers!

6. vindicated

vindicated ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks. 'Bout the only thing I am planning on doing is changing the sights. The plastic ones are garbage. I'm going with night sights simply because I might as well if I am going to swap them out. Other than that, I'm going to buy some spare parts and maybe a steel guide rod. I'll give the steel guide rod about 200 rounds and see how it does. If I don't like the way it shoots, I'll swap it back.

Oh, and I might as well pick up one of those nifty slide covers with some kind of personalization. And, because of Commifornia, I'll be buying an endless supply of 10 round magazines every chance I get. :laugh:

I don't intend to do much to it. I want to stay as close to factory reliability as possible. It shoots fantastic and has a LOT less muzzle flip than my Ruger P95. Needless to say I am thrilled with my purchase. :D

7. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

you cant go wrong with a glock my friend. welcome to the forum! i have also thought about changing my sights on my g23. although i will admit, i shoot a lot tighter group with my g23 than my g38. just wondering what is the best sights out there? hmmmmmm.

8. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Welcome to the forum!!!

9. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

Welcome! Stick around, you will like it here!

10. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Welcome to the forum! Nice gun you have there, I own the same model :)

11. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

It is about time you jumped ship and hung out with the cool kids. Let me know when you get your FFL, I might give you some business!

12. vindicated

vindicated ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You know how we do. ;)

13. vindicated

vindicated ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well, put the new front sight on. Went ahead and used red loctite just for giggles. Question is, I got it pretty snug, but it did have some play. Should I be concerned about the front sight moving to and fro just a smidge when firing? How will that effect accuracy?

Hey Glock, square holes keep things straight. Round and oval holes leave things open to interpretation. Figure it out!

14. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

How much that will effect accuracy depends on how far away your target is. Find a target, move 3 meters away from it. Fire a round, move the front just slightly and fire another round. You'll notice the second round moved a few inches in the direction you shifted. Now move back to 7 meters away. Fire a round. Now move the front in the same manner and distance as the first time. Fire another round. Now it's several inches away from the first shot.

You'll run into the same issues but you will not be able to foresee how to adjust and correct your aim prior to shooting. I'd say you need to tighten that thing up.

15. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Welcome to the forum Vin. I am a glock 23 owner as well and love it. I would be a little concerned if my front post had play in it tho. You might want to have it checked out

16. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

If its already snug and you have play (and the screw is fully seated against the inside of your slide) you need to run some loctite around the hole in your slide that the front sight goes in.