G23 with a 9mm barrel does it perform like a G19?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by VCMike, Dec 13, 2011.

1. VCMike

VCMike New Member

CA
    I have a Glock 23 (which I totally enjoy) but would also like to be able to shoot 9mm at the range. Will the 23 perform like a 19 with a conversion barrel & 9mm mags or does this create a problem using the conversion barrels? Would I be better off waiting to buy the 19?

2. cwtitan

cwtitan New Member

It should not be an issue at all. Look at lone wolf for the correct barrel and get you a few 9mm G19 mags and you should be set. Dont forget the 9mm rds also...

3. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

I have ran a G23 with a 9mm barrel in a 1,000 round class. It will preform the same just remember to use Glock factory mags, the KCI mags quality has gotten worse over the last year and they tend to fly apart on the range.

4. LONEWOLF

LONEWOLF New Member

Lone Wolf Products are Great

I have never had a problem with my G27 in .40 with my LoneWolf 9mm conversion barrel. I have shot hundreds of rounds with it more 9mm than .40

5. VCMike

VCMike New Member

CA
    That is what I had heard it is just like having a 19, but wanted to hear it from people other than the salesman at a gun store. Thanks for the information :cool:

6. and of course you can drop a 357 sig barrel in an use the same G23 mags. So many options...so little time.

7. I use 9mm and .40 S&W Storm Lake barrels in my G-32 and they work fine.

8. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

GA
    My G23c performs just like a G19 with the conversion installed. Only difference is the slide cuts.

9. Terry37932

Terry37932 New Member

I've got a 23 with a Storm Lake 9mm drop in barrel, works like a charm.