Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a local gunsmith check out my 23 after they added the slider lock on the trigger and twice the Firearm went full automatic.Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,108 Posts
Any trigger work or polishing done to your pistol?
That's my first thought too. If someone polished the sear too much and rounded it you could end up with such a problem.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Sounds like you do not have enough "Engagement".
To verify this you will need the orange slide cover inspection plate.
Glock recommends 2/3 minimum engagement.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I had a local gunsmith check out my 23 after they added the slider lock on the trigger and twice the Firearm went full automatic.Any ideas?
Find another gunsmith.
Replace all the firing chain components in your weapon and destroy all the old parts before ATF comes knocking on your door.

This is a serious matter>!<:(

And What is a "Slider Lock?" This perhaps: http://www.siderlock.com/
You might want to give them a call....

·
Registered
653 Posts
Major problem... YES! Major fun for a short time YES!!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
G-23 said:
Posting all this on an open forum and having ATF show up at your door because you don't have a Class 3 cert. Priceless, for your new cell mate!
Lol that's funny! I love this site. I tell people all the time that gun owners are some of the funniest people you will ever meet!

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
Posting all this on an open forum and having ATF show up at your door because you don't have a Class 3 cert. Priceless, for your new cell mate!
It is a malfunctioning firearm… not done on purpose… you won't have any issues with the ATF unless you keep it in that condition because you enjoy it. Going to a gunsmith to get it repaired will solve the problem wether you keep the parts or not.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
REMOVE YOUR SIDERLOCK IMMEDIATELY!!!! IT WILL GET YOU KILLED!!

No one should ever purchase that monstrosity.

Send the Siderlock and your gun to me. I'll fix it for you and destroy the Siderlock.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Argyle_Armoring said:

No one should ever purchase that monstrosity.

Send the Siderlock and your gun to me. I'll fix it for you and destroy the Siderlock.
What is a siderlock? I cat get there site to open on my phone for some reason

·
Registered
555 Posts
What is a siderlock? I cat get there site to open on my phone for some reason
From their page:" SIDERLOCK is an additional safety trigger designed for Glock pistols which replaces the original trigger to offer a safer and more secure blockade of the firing action but without altering the performance of the Glock."

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the positive posts . I removed the sliderlock. Replaced with all original parts.Squared away.23 really?

·
Registered
555 Posts
retdtltnj said:
Thanks for the positive posts . I removed the sliderlock. Replaced with all original parts.Squared away.23 really?
I would take it to another glock armorer, tell him what happened, and let him check it out. After he okays it, take it to the range for a test drive! Hopefully, she works like a charm, good luck!

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Now that's funny.

I too am wondering if anything else was changed on the pistol.
I've had a sliderlock on a G23, Gen 3 and had absolutely no issues with it. It's just an "extra saftey" for those that want the peace of mind.

I got rid of mine (thankfully before it killed me ;) ) when I traded in my Gen 3. Gave it to a buddy who has it on his Glock. Haven't heard from him a while though. ;)

:D

D

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,026 Posts
dwcfastrice said:
Now that's funny.

I too am wondering if anything else was changed on the pistol.
I've had a sliderlock on a G23, Gen 3 and had absolutely no issues with it. It's just an "extra saftey" for those that want the peace of mind.

I got rid of mine (thankfully before it killed me ;) ) when I traded in my Gen 3. Gave it to a buddy who has it on his Glock. Haven't heard from him a while though. ;)

:D

D
Might as well have killed him yourself:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts