Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
8,784 Posts
It's not the mags. MY stock G19 mags do that, as well. (I have a Gen 23 Gen for with LWD barrel and it does the same thing). There are a lot of posts/stories out on the Internet about this issue.

swap out the exrtactor and the ejector.

You SHOULD REALLY be using the G19 mags. Just for reliability stake.

D

· Premium Member
8,784 Posts
This setup is for range use only. I can't swap the ejector out since as soon as I'm done with the range session I put my 40 cal barrel back in. I will try the 9mm extractor. I did read about this issue with gen4 but like I said I owned a g19 gen3 in the past and I never had any case flying straight up. If it doesn't get resolved with the 9mm extractor I guess I will have to get used to it.
With all the money I save in ammo costs, , initially, I just learned to "deal" with it (and got a hat) since I was just doing the "drop in thing." So you're absolutely correct, for just range use, it's fine and you get to learn to shoot while things are flying at you. ;)

I've since bought another G23 Gen 4 frame and slide and "built" one of these (and yes, I know I could have bought a G19, but I wanted to do the build :rolleyes:).

Your Gen3 G19 has the correct extractor and ejector so it's going to spit the casing correctly. Can't really compare it to just a conversion barrel with the "incorrect" parts.

D

· Premium Member
8,784 Posts
I am sorry but this just sounds ridiculous. Why not just trade your 23 in on a 19? Instead you're willing to wear a mask while shooting. That just sounds plain retarded. With the money you spent on the conversion parts, you could've traded up to a new 19...
Ever consider that the OP want's to also shoot .40? Can't do that with a 19.

Personally, I don't think you can "Trade up" to a 19 with the value of the gun and a conversion barrel. 40% of MSRP from the LGS, plus the cost of the conversion doesn't equal the MSRP of a G19. At least not in my neck of the woods.

Stick with the caliber you want to stick with and let people (mainly the OP) shoot what they want without telling them they're actions are "Retarded".

D

· Premium Member
8,784 Posts
I shot my LWD 40/9 tonight. Ran about 200 rounds through it. Had 5 or 6 hit me on the top of the head and had one lodge underneath the band on my hearing protection. I really do suspect it's the exrtactor/ejector combo that needs to swapped out. (I use 19 mags).

if I ever get motivated enough swap those out I will. I'm thinking of trading mine for someone with a Gen 4 17.

D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.