G23 recoil spring Question

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by RimDJ, Apr 23, 2012.

1. RimDJ

RimDJ New Member

I just got my Gen 3 G 23 this last weekend. I love it so far and have shot about 100 rounds through it. It has had no problems and been shooting fine. I noticed that when I take it apart and look at the spring it is no longer seated all the way into the barrel notch(or whatever you wanna call it). I push it back down, reassemble it, rack the slide with no bullets only once. When I take it apart again it is halfway out again. Nothing looks broken or bent or anything. It shoots fine. Is there something wrong? Or am I not doing something right? Any help is great. Thanks.

2. KingSanchez

KingSanchez New Member

The same happens with my 23 with both the stock and stainless rods. I've wondered the same.

3. I have a Gen4 but mine doesn't seat all the way in like that. When I first bought it, it wasnt seated like that. So I keep it half way up just like it came and it works just fine. I really dont think its possible for it to come unseated while inside the gun. But I could be wrong.

4. RimDJ

RimDJ New Member

Picture to show what I mean. If it shows up

Attached Files:

5. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

It's normal, when reassembling after field stripping just make sure it's seated on the lower notch.

6. 100% completely normal. On reassembly seat it all the way down.

7. Is it me or is your guide rod backwards in the pic?

8. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

Its Just you.

9. You sure, cause I could of sworn the rubber part goes the other way. I've been drinking these Miller Lights so I won't go grab it and see..

10. chilly613

chilly613 New Member

There is no rubber part on the recoil spring assembly. and the picture is correct. Just needs to make sure the guide is on the lower notch when reassembling..

11. Oh ok maybe it's different from Gen to Gen, double spring and all.

12. RimDJ

RimDJ New Member

Thanks for the help guys. Glad to know my new gun is not already broken. Is there a reason the rod slips a little or is it something that just happens?

13. tucojuanramirez

tucojuanramirez New Member

i have a g19 gen 4 with the updated spring and i have the same slip out of the notch. it's ok man! Give a look to the glock mechanism at genitron.com! Reassemble it fully seated!

14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum tucojuanramirez !!

Thread moved to Gunsmithing sub forum...

15. tucojuanramirez

tucojuanramirez New Member

Thank you! Greetings from Italy!

16. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Really...? Cool...

Do you own a Glock ? Tell ya what...

Why not introduce yourself in the Introductions sub forum and tell us all about your

country's gun laws...!!